    ROBINSON4 Guest

    I am having trouble getting my 120s sharp. They seem to be fairly flat when I
    load them. I am using manual focus. Is there a glass film holder?

    ROBINSON4, Oct 14, 2003

  2. There is a glass holder, but it's expensive.

    I find that critical focus ranges +/- 10 focus units from the point
    autofocus reports. Detail begins to be lost if the film is 15 focus units
    away from the AF focus point. With the regular holder, it's sometimes hard
    to get the film that flat. With the glass holder, you need to use the masks
    that come with it (or cut your own) so that the film doesn't touch the lower
    glass to avoid Newton's rings if there are large smooth areas (like sky) in
    the image. With the glass holder, I can get all of a 645 frame in critical
    focus.

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Oct 14, 2003

  3. ROBINSON4

    Jerry Dycus Guest

    Will you scanner take 2 3/4 x 2 3/4? If so, I have a box of glass
    holders I can sell you.

    Jerry Dycus, Oct 15, 2003