    particle, probably stuck inside the lens compartment or perhaps it's
    something on the CCD.

    2 GB SD Card will give you about 20 minutes of video.

    Mr. Squiggles, May 26, 2006

  2. Can you copy it using a card reader connected to your PC.?

    Dennis Pogson, May 26, 2006

  3. I have a USB cable connected to the camera and have made .mov's and
    transferred them to the computer, deleting the original from an SD Card
    where they were stored.

    I can transfter an .mov to the camera and it will be stored there, but
    cannot be played. I'm wondering what piece of information can be
    inputed to instruct the camera of the file's presence and location.

    There are some files in some directories, but I don't know how they
    function or if they can be changed to suit what I want to do.

    Mr. Squiggles, May 26, 2006
  4. I have not used a card reader to connect to this camera. The camera is
    docked onto a unit with a USB cable.

    Mr. Squiggles, May 26, 2006
  5. Mr. Squiggles

    ASAAR Guest

    If those files provide more function than simply keeping track of
    file names and locations, you might be able to get the camera to
    play one of your old .mov files by trying this:

    Create a new, very short video file.

    With the SD card in a reader, delete the short video file and
    copy, to the same folder, one of your old video/.mov files.

    Rename this file so that it has the same name as the deleted file.

    Put the SD card back in the camera and see if it is recognized.

    If not, it's unlikely that what's preventing the camera from
    recognizing it is anything as simple as that the old file's
    date/time is different than that of the new video file. But if it
    is, you could use a file date/time utility program that can change a
    file's date/time to that of another file (often named touch.exe) to
    get the date/time to match.

    ASAAR, May 26, 2006