    Been eyeing the 4GB microdrives, but if the 8700 isn't FAT32
    compliant, then I guess I'll have to settle for several 2GBs instead.

    Curtis.

    Curtis Desjardins, Jun 9, 2004

  2. Christopher Muto, Jun 9, 2004

  3. Curtis Desjardins

    TheNewsGuy Guest

    I don't know if this will answer your question... But....FWIW - I have
    two Nikon (5700) formatted CF disks (128MB and 256MB) and I write to
    them from my Windows98 machine when they are in their CF card reader
    and I then take the files to my notebook computer through a PC card
    adapter. I have then used them in the camera for images with no
    problems. I often use the computer to erase images from the card to
    help save wear and tear on the camera and its battery. I had read a
    post about the dangers of that but have not had any problems with the
    5700.

    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    + The News Guy(Mike) - Seinfeld Lists
    + (two mirrored sites)
    + http://membres.lycos.fr/tnguym
    + http://waveprohosting.com/tnguym

    TheNewsGuy, Jun 9, 2004
  4. Didn't read enough at Steve's to find if they are compatible enough to
    access the extra 2GB on the 4GB card, but I read enough to discover
    the unreliablity of the Microdrives. Enough info there to convince me
    to stick with large capacity CF cards.

    Thanks for the link.

    Curtis.

    Curtis Desjardins, Jun 10, 2004