    not made in Japan. Afterall, I did see the Coolpix 5000 that has "Made in
    Japan" proudly engraved on the body.

    The country of manufacture matters to me................

    Ngiam TW, Jul 28, 2003

  2. Ngiam TW

    Travis Guest

    Why don't you ask Nikon?

    Travis, Jul 28, 2003

  3. Ngiam TW

    Ngiam TW Guest

    Having work before in a Japanese consumer electronics manufacturing
    environment in 3 countries (including Japan), I know there is a difference
    in terms of quality. Since I am going to pay money for it, it's better if it
    is coming from Japan.

    Ngiam TW, Jul 28, 2003
  4. Ngiam TW

    John O. Guest

    I remember once, years ago Herb Kepler wrote an article about the Thai
    plant that took over production of the 35-70 Nikkor and (I think) the
    N6006. He went and checked out the plant and concluded that quality
    assurance was higher there than in Japan.

    John O., Jul 28, 2003