    reviews, it seems that it takes decent pictures.

    I am a Nikon man.So I appreciate if anyone had the chance to use both to
    give additional inputs.

    Ngiam TW, Jul 29, 2003

  2. Ngiam TW

    BillyBob Guest

    I too had to decide between the two - I went with the 5000 for the following
    reasons:

    1) WC-E68 wide converter gave me 19mm lens in a VERY small form factor. This
    converter is not useable on the 5400. I travel a lot on business and need
    something that is small but very wide as I shoot lots of shots in museums
    and of buildings.

    2) RAW is available now on the 5000 - 5400 maybe in the future.

    3) I can use my existing lenses for 995/4500 with the 5000 - 5400 requires
    new lenses.

    4) Size of converters for 5400 (same as the 5700 ones) are HUGE in
    comparison to the 5000 ones.

    5) Got a $200 rebate (only took about 4 weeks) for 5000 making price $597.

    It was a hard decision as I would have like to have the built-in scene modes
    on the 5400 (I have them on the 4500 and they are very handy)

    If you never need more than 28mm lens then the 5400 may work for you. 5000's
    are beginning to get scarce so you will have to choose fairly quickly. Both
    cameras work well but the 5000 had the edge for what I needed.

    BillyBob

    BillyBob, Jul 29, 2003