    taken within the last 40-years of what was thought to be long extinct.

    <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2007/extinct.htm>

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Apr 22, 2007

  2. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Neil Ellwood Guest

    Too late - must be extinct now - 'site no longer available'.

    Neil Ellwood, Apr 22, 2007

  3. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    banjo`s Guest

    Working this end :)

    banjo`s, Apr 22, 2007
  4. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Guest Guest

    It's just getting a lot of hits and will reset very shortly. Thanks.

    Rita

    Guest, Apr 22, 2007
  5. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    ASAAR Guest

    You'd be wise to keep your hound under close supervision during
    his daily swims. There are more of those where that alien lifeform
    came from, and you'd better hope that Rover isn't near a 12AX7 when
    one of them hatches. Remember Repo Man? The trunks of those old
    junkers were really incubaters.

    ASAAR, Apr 22, 2007
  6. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    dannynikon1 Guest

    You're obviously not a guitar player.

    Danny W.

    dannynikon1, Apr 22, 2007
  7. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Allen Guest

    Judging from the appearance of the pins, it wasn't in salt water very
    long. I couldn't make a positive ID of the type number on the tube; you
    might look at it and Google for its uses. Tubes aren't extinct, though
    IMO most should be. There is a fairly large group of people with more
    money than they know what to do with who are still buying audio
    equipment with tubes instead of solid state devices. They seem to think
    they sound better; IMO (again) what they are hearing is the inherent
    distortion in tube circuits. The one you found may have been removed
    from some of that audio equipment. Still more OT: from 1954 to 1956 I
    was helping defend Pittsburgh from the North Korean air force as a
    member of a Nike I SAM (surface-to-air missile) battery. The equipment
    included an analog computer with 1500 tubes, most of them similar in
    appearance to the one you found. Based on my experiences, I believe that
    it is a statistical improbability to keep that many tubes running very
    long at a time--to say nothing of the heat they generated. One day we
    were expecting a major general to come around for an inspection; that
    morning the computer went down. One of us applied the usual quick fix--a
    kick with the side of a combat boot; this time, though, the panel that
    was kicked caved in. The general appeared, looked at the panel and asked
    one question: "Did it fix it?" Someone replied "Yes, sir!" He said
    "Fine!" and walked out.
    Allen

    Allen, Apr 22, 2007
  8. Must be a self portrait...

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Apr 23, 2007
  9. LOL! Remy doesn't like the 12AX7 since he prefers the mesmerizing purple
    glow of a pair of 6146Bs.

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Apr 23, 2007
  10. LOL! I agree! It looks like a 6BU8 and it does come up in Google. Thanks.

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Apr 23, 2007
  11. Nope. I only know about the tubes that give you "Purple Haze"

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Apr 23, 2007
  12. Ever been to Utah?

    Unclaimed Mysteries, Apr 23, 2007
  13. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    ASAAR Guest

    Yep, but never as a destination. If you're referring to snakes,
    there were plenty on the baked highways.

    ASAAR, Apr 23, 2007
  14. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    dannynikon1 Guest

    Many guitar players prefer tube amps to solid state ones, and the
    market for this type of amp is thriving, as is the market for certain
    types of tubes that are commonly used in these amps. A 6BU8 is
    probably not one of them, though.

    Danny W.

    dannynikon1, Apr 24, 2007
  15. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    davy Guest

    I'll stick with 4CX250B... ok for my rf linear. You want a pair of
    KT88's in push pull..... that'll just about drive a woofer :) davy

    davy, Apr 25, 2007