Nikon announces full frame, 18 megapixel (Sony CMOS sensor), F6D (F6 based Digital SLR) (apparently

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Steven M. Scharf, Apr 1, 2005.

  1. Nikon announces full frame, 18 megapixel (Sony CMOS sensor), F6 based
    Digital SLR (apparently NOT an April Fools Joke). Scheduled for 2006.

    I have a link to the badly translated Japanese web site on my web site, at
    http://digitalslrinfo.com/ at the top, under "Breaking News."

    Not ready until 2006, but the D2x should stem defections to Canon, by Nikon
    system professionals in the meantime. I've added as much as is known to my
    specification table at http://digitalslrinfo.com.

    You can read the reasons than Nikon is doing this at.
    http://tinylink.com/?vv5qVSICuY. Just remember that nearly everything that
    this individual writes is the opposite of the truth.

    If this really is an April Fool's joke then I apologize, but it appears to
    be real.

    It's good to see Nikon entering the high-resolution, professional digital
    segment, albeit a bit late. Canon needs some competition!

    Steve
    http://digitalslrinfo.com

    Steven M. Scharf, Apr 1, 2005

  2. Steven M. Scharf

    leo Guest

    D90, using the sensor from D2X in a F100 body. I wonder how expensive
    (cheap) it would be.

    leo, Apr 1, 2005

  3. Steven M. Scharf

    David Chien Guest

    I'd say most if not all of the notes are for real - the D50/D70 have
    already been confirmed by Nikon, and it's rare for a Japanese website to
    make jokes (Japanese simply don't).

    David Chien, Apr 1, 2005
  4. Steven M. Scharf

    paul Guest

    Why include this link if you disagree??? If there is anything relevant
    to the link, it is that this will be an expensive camera? Other than
    noise, the other reason for larger sensors is to match the available
    35mm lens set. It is sort of silly to use a cropped frame sensor on 35mm
    lenses.

    paul, Apr 2, 2005
  5. I just thought it was amusing to see someone take every positive
    advance made by Canon, and try to twist it into a disadvantage, and
    then claim that Nikon would never implement all these features, and
    then to have Nikon announce what all the Nikon professionals have been
    waiting for for years, which is essentially a Nikon version of the
    awesome EOS-1Ds Mark II.

    scharf.steven, Apr 2, 2005
  6. Steven M. Scharf

    leo Guest

    As the Sensor is provided by Sony so it'd all make sense. Nikon is
    capable of making the rest of circuitry.

    leo, Apr 2, 2005
  7. Steven M. Scharf

    Jeremy Nixon Guest

    Dude... don't believe any "announcements" you read on April 1st.

    Jeremy Nixon, Apr 2, 2005
  8. Steven M. Scharf

    leo Guest

    April 1 - Happy New Year.

    leo, Apr 2, 2005
  9. Steven M. Scharf

    Crownfield Guest

    what amazes me is that so many people would like it,
    and the only people who have not yet caught on
    are nikon marketing people.

    nikons failed to be responsive and I chose S2 pro.
    fuji did not listen, and I did not choose S3.
    nikon is still not listening,
    and the best choice may be D2X, or maybe slr-pro.

    or really, 523c

    Crownfield, Apr 3, 2005