    Is the 24-120 better through its range?

    Thanks for any input ...

    Dick

    Dick Muldoon, Sep 22, 2004

  2. Dick Muldoon

    [BnH] Guest

    The lens kit is sharp ... I found it a very good lens for the price.

    IF I have to choose from 24-120 VR . .and 28-200 non VR .. I would for sure
    go for the 24-120 VR.
    As for light travel portraits ... a VR can acts as a monopod replacement ...
    shooting at 1/15" was a delight for the healthy ppl only [inclusive my 54
    y.o dad :D]
    sharpness wise .. I don't think these 2 lens will be much diff ... and with
    digital .. a bit of unsharp mask will fix the problem :)

    =bob=

    [BnH], Sep 22, 2004

  3. Dick Muldoon

    Guest Guest

    I have the 24-120 VR. I find it a very soft lens. Although I do not use it
    all that much, for ordinary snapshots it's acceptable.

    vm

    Guest, Sep 22, 2004
  4. I can't compare the two, but I'm very happy with the 28-200 on my D70.
    It's quite a good general lens, and sharper than you might expect.

    Mike Christie
    mike [at] csquared [dot] com

    Mike Christie, Sep 27, 2004