    standard batteries is bloody woeful.

    Links to manufacturers site much appreciated

    Thanks in advance Dougie

    Dougie, Dec 1, 2005

  2. Dougie

    Pepe Guest

    Is this what you are looking for?
    http://www.steves-digicams.com/dualforce_pro.html

    pepe

    Pepe, Dec 1, 2005

  3. Dougie

    Dougie Guest

    Thanks for quick reply, but the "Dualforce" is no longer available, have
    tried this avenue via Eagle-Eye. Oh well back to the drawing board :-(

    Thanks Dougie

    Dougie, Dec 1, 2005
  4. I can't help you with details of an external battery pack. I do however
    have a mains adapter (EH21) for my 995. This is marked as supplying
    8.4v, 1.3 amp to the camera adapter. The camera adapter has one of the
    standard reverse jack type connectors - 4.7mm (3/16") external diameter
    - and this has the inner contact positive, outer contact negative (this
    is important as some devices have their polarity the other way round).

    If you cannot buy a Nikon external battery pack, and do not for some
    reason wish to be tethered to the mains, it should be possible using
    this information to find a suitable third party pack or make one up to
    the same specification. It may work on slightly lower voltage, but
    probably best to avoid anything materially higher!

    Hope this helps,

    David

    David Littlewood, Dec 1, 2005

  5. I own two Coolpix 995s, so feel qualified to respond. My simple
    solution is to buy a 6 volt sealed lead-acid battery at one of our
    local home supply stores, like Lowes or similar. These are usually
    found in their specialty lighting section. They have flat terminals
    that accept the slip on connectors, to which I attach a suitable
    length of two conductor cable and attach the appropriate plug to fit
    into the camera's jack. I happened to find a simple belt attached
    carrier for the battery, to make it simple to haul around. These
    batteries can be recharged with very simple lead acid battery
    chargers, like some cheap auto battery chargers with both 6 volt and
    12 volt options. They are very cheap, less than $15 each and when
    fully charged can keep the camera running with LCD on, for an entire
    day of shooting. If I'm shooting stationary with a tripod, I hang the
    battery from the tripod and simply do the picture taking.

    Hope this helps,

    Olin McDaniel

    Olin K. McDaniel, Dec 1, 2005
  6. Dougie

    tomm101 Guest

    I have found that I get about 250 pics (2 128mb cards worth) from one
    battery on my 995. I use the LCD but very seldom flash. In extreme
    instances I carry 3 batteries and it can get me through most days. With
    flash that decreases to less than 100 but if I need flash that much
    I'll attach my Metz, Carry 3 battery packs for that too. Battery canges
    are so easy with the 995 it has never been a problem.

    Tom

    tomm101, Dec 2, 2005