    glass cleaning. I wash the glass with an ordinary washing up liquid,
    and dry it with a soft clean handkerchief, the best I can. Any better
    ideas?

    nobody nowhere, Jul 19, 2004

  2. nobody nowhere

    jaf Guest

    Hi,
    I use ClearVue as a cleaner. Works very well and doesn't leave streaks.
    Lint free cloth is a given.
    Then use isopropyl alcohol to remove any residue.
    Last, and most important, I use these micro-fiber cloths.
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...5?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=17507&is=REG

    Absolutely the best improvement to photography since Ansel Adams.

    --
    John
    johnf 202 at hotmail dot com

    jaf, Jul 19, 2004

  3. Oh, that's sad....
    Oh, top posting, too...
    <-- 2-3 KB of HTML snipped -->

    I think it is a smart idea to clean the _underside_ of a scanner's glass
    table from time-to-time. The out-gassing of the plastics in the scanner
    lays down a thin film over time. Similar to what you see on the inside
    of the windshield (windscreen) of a car -- tho', that is aggrevated by
    the temps that the interior of a car is exposed to.

    Now, whether or not your scanner's manufacturer has made it easy to
    get to the underside of the glass is something else altogether.

    Allodoxaphobia, Jul 20, 2004