    or it remains a 50 mm lens? Is there anything different happens when we
    use this lens with D70 because of CCD smaller than 35 mm film?
    Thanks in advance.

    Himadri, Feb 9, 2005

  2. Himadri

    Joe Makowiec Guest

    A 50mm lens is a 50mm lens is...

    To follow the nomenclature, on a D70 the 35mm (film) equivalent would be
    1.5x, or a 75mm lens. You can find this by looking at the EXIF data from
    a D70 .jpg.

    Joe Makowiec, Feb 9, 2005

  3. It remains a 50mm lens but the image is cropped down to the image of a
    75mm.

    See this.

    http://www.lonestardigital.com/multipler.htm

    "Vietnam is what we had instead of happy childhoods."

    Tim Page in
    "Dispatches"
    by Michael Herr

    John A. Stovall, Feb 9, 2005
  4. Hi,
    no, it remains a 50mm and the image is not cropped down to the image of a
    75mm.
    The angle of view is reduced to that which a 75mm would have when mounted on
    a camera with a 35mm frame (of whatever recording media).

    There is no "multiplier".

    Jeroen Wenting, Feb 9, 2005
  5. Himadri

    Jason P. Guest

    It's commonly referred to as a multiplier though, but you are correct. The
    angle of view is the only thing that changes. You get the angle of view of a
    75mm lens on a 50 - but it's still a 50mm.

    Jason P., Feb 9, 2005
  6. Tomatoes Tamotoes?

    hotchkisstrio, Feb 9, 2005
  7. Himadri

    Jason P. Guest

    Potato Potatoe?

    Jason P., Feb 10, 2005
  8. Color vs Colour.....

    <------------ That thread's over there...

    :)

    --
    Chris Pollard

    http://www.cginternet.net

    Christopher Pollard, Feb 10, 2005
  9. I didn't say "multiplied". I said "cropped".

    "The booksellers are generous liberal-minded men."

    Samuel Johnson
    "Life of Johnson" (J. Boswell), Vol. I, 1756

    John A. Stovall, Feb 10, 2005