    If you receive this scam email, I hope you will have the common sense to
    delete it, and report it to [email protected]

    Dennis

    Dennis, Oct 28, 2003

  2. Dennis

    Rick Merrill Guest

    It's called a "419" scam and you don't have to send them
    any money up front - all you have to do is send them your
    identity! That's right, they've branched out to id theft
    using 'you won the lottery' that you never entered and
    many other creative scams. Join the battle and forward
    HEADERS and data to

    [email protected]

    and of course <where it came from>@abuse.net

    Rick Merrill, Oct 29, 2003

  3. Dennis

    Jerry G. Guest

    This is a very famous scam that has been talked about on radio, the news
    papers, and TV over here. Infact, we have been told that when we get it, we
    should report it to the local law enforcement. I am sure that they must be
    overwhelmed. This scam is even getting on to business fax machines, and
    also in some peoples home mail box. People are laughing and joking around
    about it. Some of the printouts have been framed, and even used as dart
    boards!

    If you read the earlier ones, their grammar and spelling was terrible. In
    the last while they have been getting better educated. I have seen a few
    that were very well written, and if they were in school, they would get
    descent marks for their grammar and spelling. Some of them would deserve at
    least a 90 on 100.

    --

    Jerry G.
    =========

    Wow, been offline for over two years, hard to believe this scam is still
    trying to find its way into our pocketbooks. It says send me a little money
    and I'll tell you how to get a lot of money.

    Jerry G., Oct 29, 2003
  4. Dennis

    °Mike° Guest

  5. Dennis

    Shep© Guest

    This cracked me up :D
    http://j-walk.com/other/conf/index.htm

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    email shepATpartyheld.de

    Shep©, Oct 29, 2003
  6. Dennis

    EricP Guest

    The new Lottery scam is brilliant in concept. As you say, good grammar
    and high reputation organizations listed in it. I hope those not
    fortunate enough to have groups like these don't fall for it.

    EricP, Oct 29, 2003
  7. Dennis

    Richard Guest

    Send info to

    Richard, Oct 29, 2003
  8. Dennis

    Ionizer Guest

    Ionizer, Oct 29, 2003
  9. Dennis

    Barry OGrady Guest

    You mean, I haven't really won $2.5 million in an overeseas lottery?

    -Barry
    ========
    Voicemail/fax number +14136227640

    Barry OGrady, Oct 30, 2003
  10. On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 04:30:24 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind
    boggled at the following statement by Barry OGrady in message
    snip
    That I never even bought a ticket for....

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    No of SETI units returned: 2280

    The Old Sourdough, Oct 30, 2003