Nigerian Scam hits London!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by gordon, Oct 25, 2005.

  1. gordon

    gordon Guest

    Look at this! Just received:

    Dear Friend,

    Let me start by introducing myself properly to you. I am Mr. Michael
    Smith, I work with the First National Bank, London-U.K. as an account
    officer in the Treasury/Credit Control Unit. I came to know you in
    private search for a reliable and reputable person to handle this
    confidential transaction, which involves the transfer of a huge sum of
    money into a foreign account requiring maximum confidence.

    First, I must solicit your confidence in this transaction, this by
    virtue of its nature that is utterly confidential and secret. Though I
    know that a transaction of this magnitude will make any one apprehensive
    and worried, but I am assuring you that all will be well at the end of
    the day. I decided to contact you due to the fact that this transaction
    is urgent, as I will rely on your ability in handling a transaction of
    this nature.
    THE NATURE OF THE PROPOSITION: A foreigner by name Andreas Schranner,
    who is a real estate and property developer by profession does some his
    banking transaction with us at First National Bank, London-U.K. and had
    a closing balance as at the end of January 2002, which is worth Fifteen
    Million British Pounds (GB15,000,000.00).

    I was his personal account officer and since he deposited this money
    with us in the year 1999, We were instructed by my late client that the
    money be kept and secured in a security and finance firm because it was
    less expensive to keep and secure the funds in the security firm devoid
    of tax payments.
    I am sad to inform you that Mr. Andreas Schranner and his wife died in
    the ill fated concorde flight AF4590 that crashed into Hotelisimmo on
    the 31st of July 2000 in Paris-France . check this website below:

    Our bank expects his Next of Kin to come forward as a sole beneficiary
    to his assets with the bank, as is personal account officer fruitless
    efforts has being made by me for more than one year to get in touch with
    any of my late client family or relatives without any success. The
    impossibility of being able to locate any of my late client Next of Kin
    up to this day is because his wife Maria Schranner and his daughter Eich
    Andreas also perished in the flight.

    It may interest you to know that I have secured from the probate an
    order of mandamus to locate any of deceased beneficiaries. I now seek
    your permission to have you stand as the Next of Kin to my late client,
    so that the funds will be released and paid into any account to be
    provided by you as the beneficiary Next of Kin.
    I will furnish you with the necessary modalities of the transaction as
    soon as I receive an acknowledgement of your acceptance. I assure you
    that this transaction is 100% risk and failure free the money will be
    shared on a 50-50 basis.
    Please forward to me on acceptance of this proposal by email, Your
    private telephone and fax number including the Country code and area
    codes, your complete names, and Private email address for effective
    communication as the project will be completed within the next 14
    working days.
    Thanks.
    Best Regards.
    Michael Smith.

    gordon, Oct 25, 2005

  2. gordon

    gordon Guest

    Yes I know, but not using a *UK* based bank as the scam!

    gordon, Oct 25, 2005

  3. They have for at least a year now.

    Shane Matthews, Oct 25, 2005
  4. gordon

    why? Guest

    You are still an idiot for posting it.

    Me

    why?, Oct 25, 2005
  5. gordon

    Stickems. Guest

    You should forward the email to:- who will very
    quickly have them locked up.

    Stickems., Oct 25, 2005
  6. gordon

    Stickems. Guest

    Why?

    Stickems., Oct 25, 2005
  7. Stickems. bashed at the keyboard and came up with:
    Cos you toppost arse.

    Michael Thompson, Oct 25, 2005