    strain on social services and a general nuisance for immigration."
    http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2200697/nigeria-denies-bill-gates-visa

    LOL

    Peter, Oct 14, 2007

  2. Peter

    impossible Guest

    NZ does the same with any Visa application. In fact, all countries do that.
    Doesn't matter who you are.

    impossible, Oct 15, 2007

  3. Peter

    peterwn Guest

    Ah, but AFAIK, Bill does not need a visa to enter NZ for busines or
    leisure visits, in the same way Kiwis do not generally need a visa to
    enter USA. Nor would Linus.

    peterwn, Oct 15, 2007
  4. Peter

    impossible Guest

    Only because the US has formally waived temporary visa requirements for OEDC
    countries. But if Linus wanted to stay in the US more than 90 days, then
    he'd have to prove that he would not be "causing a strain on social services
    and a general nuisance for immigration". Same would apply to any Kiwi.

    impossible, Oct 15, 2007
  5. Peter

    peterwn Guest

    I was not referring to people already within USA. Presumably Linus
    got a green card before the present mob got into the White House,
    otherwise the poor guy would have been victimised by FUD from guess
    where (from the same outfit that pulled a fast one over the Boston
    Globe).
    ..

    peterwn, Oct 15, 2007
  6. Peter

    impossible Guest

    Presumably there's some point you're trying to make that somehow relates to
    the OP. but I'll be darned if I can figure out what that might be. Oh,
    wait...it's peterwin talking. That explains everything.

    impossible, Oct 16, 2007
  7. Peter

    peterwn Guest

    OK, to get right back to the OP, I would venture to suggest that the
    Nigerian Immigration Department has displayed significant
    insightfulness and transparency in this instance resulting in a sound
    immigration decision.

    Far more than can be said for the British Prime Minister's advisers
    who successfully put a certain name forward for an honorary
    knighthood, the worst such decision since the one awarded to J Edgar
    Hoover.

    peterwn, Oct 17, 2007