    on the W2k to be able to connect?

    Any help appreciated.

    MJJ

    MJJ, Nov 30, 2003

  2. MJJ

    why? Guest

    Windows does not understand NFS by default. Some commercial solutions do
    exist for NFS, products like Hummingbird, a simple www.google.com search
    will list many others,

    Searched English pages for
    windows nfs server

    Maybe you can use a 30 day demo.

    An option I have used from a Win box was (for RedHat) to setup a
    freeware ftp server in windows and use that as the install point.

    There used to be a freeware NFS server for Windows NT, but due to
    changes in company it was removed from the website sometime in 1998 (it
    was a private project of one engineer IIRC). If I find the name of it, I
    will let you know.

    WOW! despite hardisk failures over the last 5 years I still have it

    The TrueGrid NFS Server
    A Freeware NFS Server for Windows 95/NT

    If you want, the zip is 221K I can post it in alt.binary or a test group
    it you need. Don't know if it will work with Win2000, it's okay on NT.
    Yes, go FTP server using the free War FTPD http://www.jgaa.com/

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Nov 30, 2003

  3. MJJ

    why? Guest

    <snip>

    As normal www.google.com search also turned up several mentions of
    Trugrid after 1998 and I forgot about the newsgroup as well.

    Searched English messages for
    truegrid nfs
    Results 1 - 10 of about 120. Search took 0.37 seconds.

    comp.protocols.nfs

    Me

    why?, Nov 30, 2003
  4. MJJ

    MJJ Guest

    Thx. Problem solved. Got it working already with XLink NFS Server now :)

    MJJ

    MJJ, Nov 30, 2003
  5. MJJ

    why? Guest

    YW. Looks like a good bit of software for $99 limited to US only
    pricing. Didn't like the 'Please register to get a price however'
    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Nov 30, 2003