Nexus Radio - owned by Egisca Corp. - Privacy statement question

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by hmmm, Sep 13, 2007.

  1. hmmm

    hmmm Guest

    I was going to download Nexus Radio, but what I read that it's owned by
    the Egisca Corporation, I decided to read their privacy statement:

    http://www.egisca.com/privacy/

    hard drive containing information about the user....

    It's the "certain other products" that leads me to wonder if they're
    keeping track of users preferences through Nexus Radio.

    navigation history and IP address of all visitors to our web sites. This
    information does not contain anything that can identify users personally.
    We use this information for our internal security audit log, trend
    analysis and system administration, and to gather broad demographic
    information about our user base for aggregate use.
    registration with web site usage data to provide general profiles, in >
    aggregate non-personally identifiable form, about our customers and their
    this composite information with our advertisers and business affiliates >
    to help them better understand our services.

    I'm not sure if this pertains to visiting their site, or use of the
    software, too.

    In summary, is Nexus Radio as "safe" to use as Screamer, or are they
    collecting information every time we open a station? Screamer appears to
    be created by a hobbyist, while Nexus is from a company looking to profit
    from the sale of information.

    Correct me if I'm stating this incorrectly.

    hmmm, Sep 13, 2007

  2. hmmm

    hummingbird Guest

    It's never easy to get to the bottom of what these lawyer-written
    statements actually mean, but there's enough there to turn me off
    Nexus. I'll stick to Screamer and wait for v0.39...

    hummingbird, Sep 13, 2007