    I just passed the MCTS exam 70-620 for Vista Client. Does anyone know what
    exam or exams I need to get an MCITP? It looks like 70-623 is all I need to
    be one as Consumer Support Technician. Can anyone confirm this for me?

    Richard Blay, May 29, 2009

  2. Richard Blay

    John R Guest

    The requirements for any certification are clearly spelled out on
    Microsoft's site. Your question here would be a reason why you should never
    be an MCITP as an MCITP would certainly be smart enough to figure out what
    the requirements are for any certification.

    If you ever expect to get anywhere in IT, you better learn how to find
    answers to the most basic questions on your own instead of asking everyone
    else.

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcitp/entsupport/default.mspx
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcitp/vista/consumer/default.mspx

    Most people look at certifications from the point of view... This is what I
    want to do, this certification will help me get there, what are it's
    requirements. I don't know too many people that look at it backwards as you
    appear to be doing.

    John R

    John R, May 30, 2009

  3. Richard Blay

    Richard Blay Guest

    Yes thanks for that although you could have done it without the rudeness my
    friend and perhaps the links to what was needed would suffice. Just a
    friendly 'Yeah sure this is what you need to do, and perhaps some
    encouragement and good luck! And surely asking everyone else here is what
    this place is for isn't it? Newsgroups are quite new to me although can't
    see myself hanging about here if you are the kind of person who does. I
    only wanted some confirmation from other pros' as a hello and welcome to IT
    certification. Some people would congratulate me too but I see you quite far
    up your own backside for that kind of politeness!

    Richard Blay, May 30, 2009
  4. Richard Blay

    John R Guest

    Hey, Congrats!!! WTG!!! Welcome!!! Feel better?

    So, did you not think that maybe your answer would be on Microsoft's site?
    I mean, seriously, although I already knew the answer, it still only took me
    about 10 seconds to get the links. So, coming on and asking a question that
    could have been found on your own in that much time is an obvious sign that
    you don't want to do your own work, you want someone else to do it for you.
    It's like someone who wants to be a tax accountant asking on a newgroup for
    someone to explain the difference between a debit and a credit.

    And, on top of that, you don't even seem to know what you actually want
    outside of an MCITP title. Your question makes it look as if you are just
    looking for something, anything, to get one.

    Normally, these groups are about the discussion of the topics. But when you
    come here showing no signs to want to help yourself, why would you expect my
    response to be any different? My certifications are directly devalued by
    people (perhaps just like you, perhaps not) who obtain certifications, get
    jobs based on those certifications, and then fail at them, or at least prove
    to their companies that the certification didn't really mean that much
    because they lack basic skills (such as research). Then, when someone comes
    in with a certification who actually knows the job and has the skills, the
    cert gets discounted because the decision manager has seen all too many
    "paper" certs.

    So, I suggest that before you claim that my head is up my backside, perhaps
    you should actually think (another problem solving skill) about what I said
    and why I said it the way I did.

    John R

    John R, May 31, 2009
  5. Richard Blay

    ks2008 Guest

    Hi John,
    Like Richard said, you don't have to be rude. If you don't want to answer
    better keep quite. No body is going to bother you. Not every one equal. The
    point is don't discourage the folks. In most case, people need some small
    push. In your view it may be simple, people might have not come across. No
    question is silly question. 99% if someone is taking time to post their
    question, they are pretty much willing to do that research which you are
    talking about. If you could help and willing please do else keep moving.
    Don't get irritated and annoy others.

    Regards
    kasi

    ks2008, May 31, 2009
  6. Richard Blay

    Peter Guest

    I really have to agree with John R on this one. He was probably more curt
    than necessary, but I agree with his point completely.

    The OP is basically suggesting they passed the exam but don't know why.
    What is the point of taking the exam if you don't have any clear path? If
    they really wanted to become an MCITP, they would know what the next step was.

    People who post questions and don't even give the smallest indication that
    they did any research or troubleshooting on their own generally aren't met
    with open arms. The expectation here (and in the MCITP real world) is that
    you are capable of doing research on your own and would do so before asking
    other people to do the work for you.

    Peter

    Peter, May 31, 2009
  7. Richard Blay

    John R Guest

    Kasi,

    I think the comment I made was ...

    "Your question here would be a reason why you should never
    be an MCITP as an MCITP would certainly be smart enough to figure out what
    the requirements are for any certification."

    I then offered advice that will help him in the future, answered his
    question, and questioned the path he is looking for or following.

    If you want to consider that rude, so be it. However, the OP so far has not
    shown or defended that he did in fact do any research. (In fact, it is
    easily proved that he didn't do any research as the next paragraph will
    show) So what part of that sentence is incorrect?

    It's human nature (and also been my observation) that when you push people,
    they generally push back, and they almost never go the direction that you
    pushed them. In this case, I am pushing him to do research for the most
    basic questions. I didn't say or imply that his question was silly, I said
    or implied that his question was unwarranted for the certification he is
    seeking. He obviously did not do his own research because he would have
    completed that research and had his answer in under one minute which is less
    time than it took him to create his post to begin with, let alone how much
    time he was willing to wait for a reply.

    And to the 'If you could help' comment, did I not only offer career advice,
    but also answer his question?

    He is not what I find irritating and annoying, although you come close.
    You've added nothing to this converstaion that was not easily debunked.

    John R

    John R, Jun 1, 2009