    not have a VPN computer on my desktop. Is this a privacy concern?

    Thank you very much

    -NewVPNuser84

    Sky Rider, Jan 13, 2011

  2. Sky Rider

    Sky Rider Guest

    Thank you, DasFox. Question? Why not say The-ISP-Who-Shall-Not-Be
    Named <grin> and why is my desktop unprivate?

    Sky Rider, Jan 13, 2011

  3. Sky Rider

    Sky Rider Guest

    My ISP knows I am here?

    Sky Rider, Jan 13, 2011
  4. <munch munch mucnh>

    "Hey, Brenda, got any butter for this popcorn?"

    <munch munch munch>

    Sorry guys...TECH ON...

    lol

    Ari Silverstein, Jan 13, 2011
  5. Sky Rider

    Sky Rider Guest

    Thanks, DasFox. Arid who? :) One last question? Have you used VPN4All
    and how does it measure against Xerobank?

    Sky Rider, Jan 13, 2011
  6. Sky Rider

    heirophant Guest

    Xerobank is by far the most advanced and professional VPN service of
    all. I am applying my scientific attitude not being evasive. ;) ;) ;).
    One of the most enjoyable experiences is watching The Wizard (Steve
    Topletz :) ) slyly insert himself into Wilders Security threads.
    Clever is The Wizard. ;) ;) ;)

    <http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1812364&postcount=492>

    I thank God The Wizard has time to toss us this little jelly bean gems
    :) :) which is possible since the Xerobank help forum has been down
    since early Summer 2010.

    Trust Steve. Trust Xerobank. Trust that I never get free VPNs either.
    ;) ;0)

    heirophant, Jan 13, 2011
  7. Sky Rider

    Sky Rider Guest

    Thanks, heiropants, I'll sign up for Xerobank. Then go to Wilders
    Security forum and suck their collective LoWaterMark/Topletz dicks and
    get free VPNs like you!

    Sky Rider, Jan 13, 2011
  8. Sky Rider

    heirophant Guest

    Thumbs Up!

    heirophant, Jan 13, 2011
  9. Sky Rider

    Bear Bottoms Guest

    Bear Bottoms, Jan 13, 2011
  10. Sky Rider

    Burkhard Ott Guest

    Thats not entirely true, he just knows there is a connection between host
    a and host b as long as the payload is encrypted.
    3rd party VPN clients can contain a master key etc. summary you can never
    be sure that your payload is really private.

    cheers

    Burkhard Ott, Jan 13, 2011
  11. Sky Rider

    Bear Bottoms Guest

    I don't know who you are. Presumably you are not the same person who made
    those DasFox posts on Wilders.

    Bear Bottoms, Jan 13, 2011
  12. http://www.tcpdump.org/#

    cheers

    Ari Silverstein, Jan 13, 2011
  13. Sky Rider

    Anonymous Guest

    You are a sleuth to be reckoned with, DasFox. Get that Goblin!

    Anonymous, Jan 13, 2011
  14. Sky Rider

    Burkhard Ott Guest

    Ok, same problem you know then that host A has a connection to host B.
    Assuming that the packet payload is encrypted you can't really tell whats
    going on.

    cheers

    Burkhard Ott, Jan 13, 2011
  15. Sky Rider

    Rooster Guest

    what about stunnel? does that not circumvent the master key issue?

    Rooster, Jan 13, 2011
  16. ok

    cheers

    Ari Silverstein, Jan 14, 2011
  17. Sky Rider

    Anonymous Guest

    2) Desktop is unprivate because no VPN is in it...
    Unless you connect through a proxy, such as Tor, your ISP knows
    wherever you go on the internet because your isp connects you.
    Listen to DasFox, he'll tech you right. Ignore Ari Silverstein, he
    is just a troll who likes to be annoying.

    Anonymous, Jan 14, 2011
  18. yip nyip yiyap nyop *turn off the focken strobes* yip nyip yiyap nyop

    News Alarm: ISP sees entry ToR node.

    Ari Silverstein, Jan 14, 2011
  19. Sky Rider

    casperian Guest

    I think you can tell Chrome not to save cookies. I use Firefox. And in
    Firefox you have to specifically tell it not to accept third party
    cookies and not to remember browsing history at all. But that's not
    good enough. I had to add Better Privacy and tell it to delete flash
    cookies. In Better Privacy, I added the flash cookie option to check
    for deletion, as you can see above. Flash cookies have been able to
    slip by Ccleaner and Firefox settings.

    http://www.xup.in/pic,16519113/ScreenShot006.jpg
    But to really add that final protection, use your browser sandboxed
    with Sandboxie and nothing that happened will persist once you delete
    the Sandbox. No cookie will escape it. It is a Cookie Monster.

    From all that I know, and I know a lot because I am really special, if
    it is a good VPN, DSL is not a problem. But a satellite connection is
    another story. A satellite connection is a problem while using a VPN.
    Satellites can run into cloud problems.

    casperian, Jan 14, 2011
  20. Sky Rider

    Anonymous Guest

    No. The issue is about building tunnels through endpoints which
    you do not trust. It does not matter whether there is a rogue key,
    since the far end trivially knows the content after decryption and
    can leak/publish/whatever it.

    Anonymous, Jan 14, 2011