Newsreader won't stay online

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Schuyler Colfax, Dec 28, 2004.

  1. I'm using Microplanet Gravity, or Anawave Gravity version 2.60b 2039

    Since my ISP changed news servers last month I'm having tons of trouble
    with it. It will only stay on-line for a few seconds.

    I can read a few posts, go do something else for a couple of minutes,
    then return to the news reader and click on a post from today, and it
    give me a "503 time out" error.

    Then I click the button to put the news reader back on-line and it
    repeats the process. I have it set to send a keep alive message every
    two minutes, but that doesn't help.

    I've never had this problem before with this newreader. When I use
    "Agent" it works fine.

    Everything seems to be configured correctly.

    BELIEVE IT...OR NOT! VIEW:

    Schuyler Colfax, Dec 28, 2004

  2. Schuyler Colfax

    dadiOH Guest

    Try...
    Start
    Run
    Netstat a - xx

    "xx" is the number of seconds (I'd try 30) for it to access the net.

    --
    dadiOH

    dadiOH's dandies v3.05...

    dadiOH, Dec 28, 2004