Newsgroups

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Nicholas Stauffer, Mar 24, 2006.

  1. That's one of the classics, when it comes to "only the punchline is
    needed". :) It's right there with "Hare lip! Hare lip!"

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 27, 2006

  2. Nicholas Stauffer

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya Blinky the Shark.

    Bongo here ;)

    Ponder, Mar 27, 2006

  3. That's what they call it in the "there" version of the joke?

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 27, 2006
  4. Nicholas Stauffer

    Scraggy Guest

    <wanders off, whistling>

    Scraggy, Mar 27, 2006
  5. Nicholas Stauffer

    Scraggy Guest

    <leans forward to leer at monitor>
    <arthritis kicks in>
    Buggar, I'm getting too old for this itinerant lecher thing.

    Scraggy, Mar 27, 2006
  6. I wonder if clot knows what the French meaning of Salop(e) means :-D

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Mar 27, 2006
  7. Nicholas Stauffer

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya Brian H¹©.

    I doubt the friendly people of Shrewsbury would appreciate being compared
    to female dogs ;)

    Ponder, Mar 27, 2006
  8. Nicholas Stauffer

    Whiskers Guest

    Shrews are /so/ much more classy ;))

    Whiskers, Mar 27, 2006
  9. Nicholas Stauffer

    clot Guest

    Thanks for the Heads Up on this, Mara. It would appear that there was
    something more fundamentally wrong with OEQuoteFix than I thought. I've
    now downloaded a new version and hope this has fixed the problem! :)

    clot, Mar 27, 2006
  10. New version? The last version was 1.19.2 released August 2003.

    The problem remains with OE-QF, if you copy/paste, you end up creating
    an attachment with the emo's.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Mar 27, 2006
  11. Nicholas Stauffer

    clot Guest

    I've learnt that now!!

    clot, Mar 27, 2006
  12. And these days it's almost impossible to find a staff lecher position.

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 28, 2006
  13. I'll leave it to a young'un to post the obvious and unnessary
    transposition, there. ;)

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 28, 2006
  14. Nicholas Stauffer

    Mara Guest

    I've caught your "ce," have tied it up and have duct-taped it to a small wooden
    chair under a single lightbulb, and am questioning it. It's telling me all sorts
    of things about you. <looking at you warily>

    I'm also waving at you.

    Well, ok, to be strictly truthful, my fingers are waving at you.

    One of them, anyway. <BEG>

    (BTW, I'm on the laptop, which far surpasses my expectations. This thing is
    *great!*Or it will be, once I figure out the keyboard and ways to do some
    things.)

    Mara, Mar 28, 2006
  15. Nicholas Stauffer

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In Mara spewed forth:
    That's one of the things I hate most about laptops - the stinkin' keys are
    in the wrong place <g>! I have my Sony and several Dell's from work that all
    have slightly different layouts.

    Toolman Tim, Mar 28, 2006
  16. What's a "ce"? I'm gonna feel st00pid for blanking out, here, right? :)
    Hey! :)
    Excellent! I know when I got mine in January, coming (laptop-wise) from a
    400MHz/128MB with a 12" diag screen, it was like the first bright sunny
    day after a long spell of rain.

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 28, 2006
  17. Nicholas Stauffer

    Scraggy Guest

    We are are small, but select, group, we lechers.
    Unfortunately the rictus grin, spinal curvature and constant dribbling takes
    its toll.

    Life is a bitch and then...

    Scraggy, Mar 28, 2006
  18. Duh. Didn't notice the typo and thought I was missing the lates kewl
    initialism all the other kids were using. :)
    Know of a good one? :)

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 28, 2006
  19. Nicholas Stauffer

    Mara Guest

    L33t5p34k is for little kids and for the clueless.
    Nope. Not a one. Not me. Nuh-uh.

    "I know nothing. Noooooothing. <g>"

    Mara, Mar 28, 2006