Newsgroups

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Nicholas Stauffer, Mar 24, 2006.

  1. So I guess I'm in the right place after all. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 26, 2006

  2. Nicholas Stauffer

    Mara Guest

    Sorry, I got distracted by the machine I'm currently repairing and my train of
    thought derailed. What do you mean?

    Mara, Mar 26, 2006

  3. Nicholas Stauffer

    Mara Guest

    Yes. Therefore you will have to be flogged. However, I'm booked up for the next
    couple of weeks. Have your office call my office and we'll work something out as
    to the scheduling.

    Mara, Mar 26, 2006
  4. Nicholas Stauffer

    Mara Guest

    Well, I dunno about that because...HEY!1!! Stop looking at me like that! The
    next thing you know, you'll try to bite%T$^%$#&!%$#^(*&^%^^^^NO CARRIER

    Mara, Mar 26, 2006
  5. I just bought a Ford Focus. That should help, no?

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 26, 2006
  6. Never, never even *think*, "oh, eat me" around a shark. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 26, 2006
  7. Nicholas Stauffer

    Mara Guest

    Hey! Let me out of here! Dang, it's dark and wet down here in your stomach and
    it smells bad too and....

    Wait a minute.

    What's this?

    Why, I'll be darned...it's the Lost Monet.

    I didn't know you were a connoisseur of Fine Art. Carry on then.

    Mara, Mar 26, 2006
  8. Nicholas Stauffer

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In Mara spewed forth:
    When do the tickets go on sale? This /was/ a public flogging, right?

    Toolman Tim, Mar 26, 2006
  9. Jonah, is that you?

    One time I said to this guy, "Show me the money". He misunderstood.
    :)

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 26, 2006
  10. Nicholas Stauffer

    clot Guest

    I think my office will closed for a while! Especially since someone is
    advocating a public flogging!

    clot, Mar 26, 2006
  11. Nicholas Stauffer

    clot Guest

    Hmm, sharks' memory retentions appear quite limited. It's a white saloon
    version that you posted about a while back! :)

    clot, Mar 26, 2006
  12. Nicholas Stauffer

    Whiskers Guest

    Just /try/ to queue nicely - I know sharks have a problem with that, but
    the effort is appreciated by the staff.

    Whiskers, Mar 26, 2006
  13. Nicholas Stauffer

    Whiskers Guest

    Is Shergar in there?

    Whiskers, Mar 26, 2006
  14. Nicholas Stauffer

    Whiskers Guest

    Doesn't 'flogging' mean an auction these days? We /are/ enlightened,
    aren't we? I could have sworn we were enlightened.

    Whiskers, Mar 26, 2006
  15. Okay, so I guess that's not helping me. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 26, 2006
  16. No shergar for me. I'm into artificial sweetners.

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 26, 2006
  17. Nicholas Stauffer

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya clot.

    Naughty, naughty! ;)

    Don't tell me, you're using OE-Quotefix with smileys turned on ;)

    Ponder, Mar 26, 2006
  18. Nicholas Stauffer

    clot Guest

    You are right that I am using OE but not with smileys on. I actually
    typed : ) but in a Reply rather than Reply to Group. Realised what is
    was doing and so used cut and paste with the result you saw! Interesting
    little feature that I didn't know about!

    clot, Mar 26, 2006
  19. Nicholas Stauffer

    Mara Guest

    You posted an attachment to 24HSHD.

    "Automatic death penalty."

    Mara, Mar 26, 2006
  20. Nicholas Stauffer

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya clot.

    I don't use OE at all but I think there's a setting to stop that
    happening in QuoteFix :)

    Ponder, Mar 26, 2006