Newsgroup quirk?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by URAQT2, Feb 29, 2004.

  1. URAQT2

    URAQT2 Guest

    I have a newsgroup quirk that only occurs on one of the newsgroups that
    I subscribe to.

    I have them all set to show only unread postings. That means that when I
    come into Thunderbird it shows which ones have new postings and how many
    there are. That is except for one. In alt.support.skin-disease.psoriasis
    it always shows a number of unread postings until I go into the group.
    Then most or all of them disappear. That is, the only ones that stay are
    the ones that actually have been posted since I checked it the last
    time. I don't have anyone in the ng in my killfile, so it isn't
    something like that.

    Does anyone have any thoughts about it?

    Thanks.
    --
    Chuck
    -ô¿ô-

    URAQT2, Feb 29, 2004

  2. URAQT2

    dantu Guest

    URAQT2 wrote:

    > I have a newsgroup quirk that only occurs on one of the newsgroups
    > that I subscribe to.
    >
    > I have them all set to show only unread postings. That means that when
    > I come into Thunderbird it shows which ones have new postings and how
    > many there are. That is except for one. In
    > alt.support.skin-disease.psoriasis it always shows a number of unread
    > postings until I go into the group. Then most or all of them
    > disappear. That is, the only ones that stay are the ones that actually
    > have been posted since I checked it the last time. I don't have anyone
    > in the ng in my killfile, so it isn't something like that.
    >
    > Does anyone have any thoughts about it?
    >
    > Thanks.

    URAQT2

    Delete the .msf file for the newsgroup in question.

    ie. just the .msf file not the file of that name

    dantu, Mar 1, 2004