    But one thing I can not seem to get it to do is, sort news groups by
    Subject and Date.

    If I click on Subject, then everything that is for that subject gets
    sorted together with the closable links. But the dates are all over the
    place, and if I click on dates, the dates are correct order, but the
    subjects are all over the place.

    So how do I have it do both?

    Thanks,

    Chris

    Chris, Nov 24, 2003

  2. Hi Chris,

    Glad to hear you've switched to Mozilla :). Now... If I understood
    you correctly you want to order the articles in *a* news group by
    subject and then date.

    This is easily done with threads. Just select View->Messages->Threaded.

    If you've previously ordered your messages by subject (a-z) then
    Mozilla will respect that ordering and list the threads
    alphabetically and the replies inside a thread by date.

    Same applies more or less for any other ordering principle.

    I myself order by date (descending) and then by thread. Which
    displays the most recent threads first.

    Hope that helps

    -ville

    Ville Pohjanheimo, Nov 24, 2003