Newsgroup Messagea Not Automatically Downloading

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Shaun, Jun 19, 2010.

  1. Shaun

    Shaun Guest

    Subject line says it all.

    After upgrading to Tbird 3.5, NG messages have to be manually
    downloaded. I don't see any setting to auto-download. Am I missing it?

    Shaun, Jun 19, 2010

  2. Shaun

    Shaun Guest

    Make that 3.0.5.....

    Shaun, Jun 19, 2010

  3. Do you mean headers, or bodies?

    Polly the Parrot, Jun 20, 2010
  4. Shaun

    Shaun Guest

    Headers.

    Shaun, Jun 20, 2010
  5. OK, got it now.

    Not sure what you mean by auto-download, but in my case I select the
    news-server name in the folders pane, and click on "Get Mail".. Works
    for me.

    Polly the Parrot, Jun 20, 2010
  6. Shaun

    Shaun Guest

    Yeah, that'll work. But before the upgrade, when I opened the program,
    the headers would automatically download without me doing anything.

    I know, I know--- how lazy can you get ;-)

    Shaun, Jun 20, 2010

  7. Sort of works here like that as well, now you mention it.

    Click on a newsgroup name and the headers do download.

    Maybe you connection is not up when you open Thunderbird?

    Polly the Parrot, Jun 21, 2010