  1. I fear we will see the results in far shorter than ten years. I hope I'm
    .... and the consequences will last for much longer afterwards.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Apr 9, 2004

  2. TechGeekPro

    JaR Guest

    Politician Spock opined, On 4/9/04 12:28 PM:
    Are there jounalists in your family?

    I see you have mastered the art of taking one sentence from a statement,
    quoting it without context, then making a witty, albeit irrelevant riposte.

    Well done, but beneath you. Are you running low on real arguments that
    you resort to this? Or are you just being obtuse?

    JaR
    Obfuscated Thug

    JaR, Apr 9, 2004

  3. TechGeekPro

    JaR Guest

    Politician Spock opined, On 4/9/04 12:21 PM:
    Pray dispute any of the claims I have made. Singly or in bunches. Such a
    report would be an interpretation of the various facts I have presented,
    and, as such be subject to the spin of the party presenting it. There
    are many that interpret the facts as cause for alarm, and just as many
    as refuse to do so. I present the arguments and leave you to your own
    conclusions. Have you looked at any of the data I posted, or have you
    dismissed it out of hand. If you disagree with my data, please post data
    that refutes it.

    You have insisted on proof of my statements. I have provided it, in
    spades. Where is yours? You presented data. I presented data that
    debunked the government spin. Now what?

    JaR
    Show Me Thug

    JaR, Apr 9, 2004
  4. TechGeekPro

    JaR Guest

    Politician Spock opined, On 4/9/04 12:18 PM:
    Dammit! I got work to do if I ever expect to get to that beer tonight.
    But never fear, this discussion is not over, merely postponed for a while.

    JaR
    Working Thug

    JaR, Apr 9, 2004
  5. I am being obtuse due to the fact that debating with someone who holds to
    the belief that government has a responsibility to remove financial
    difficulties from one's life is like trying to teach a pig to sing. No
    progress will ever be made, and it annoys the pig as well.

    Politician Spock, Apr 9, 2004
  6. You presented data where the whole is supposedly greater than the sum of
    it's parts, yet you can not locate or provide an explanation as to how they
    fit together. I provided data that is unanimously excepted by economists to
    accurately reflect the claim I make, but you refute it by proclaiming your
    own set of rules. I think you started drinking a day too early.

    Politician Spock, Apr 9, 2004
  7. TechGeekPro

    Jtyc Guest

    Unemployment is down.
    Consumer price index is up.
    Payroll jobs are up.
    Hourly earnings are up.
    Producer prices are up.
    Employment costs are up.
    Productivity is up.

    And the GDP is growing faster then productivity. That means, they have to
    hire employees.

    Jtyc, Apr 9, 2004
  8. TechGeekPro

    JaR Guest

    Politician Spock opined, On 4/9/04 1:42 PM:
    The last bastion of a cornered dogmatic is to begin making blind
    accusations. First you accused me of being a rabid Kerry supporter,
    Then, when that didn't pan out, you tried making me out to be a communist.

    Now I'm merely drunk.

    If that's the best you can come up with, I'm done.

    Thanks for playing, though.

    By the way, I've decided not to respond to the other post at this time
    except for this;

    favor of free medical care.

    JaR
    Indignant Thug

    JaR, Apr 9, 2004

  9. No, the best I can come up with is data that economists unanimously agree
    represent what I claim it does. When it was apparent you live in your own
    world with your own economic rules, I should have just let it go there like
    Jtcy did. Forgive me for my attempt to bring a fellow MCNGPer back to
    reality.

    Politician Spock, Apr 10, 2004
  10. TechGeekPro

    billyw Guest