    of those a week, a couple jobs needing MCSE for data entry, and a couple
    with no possibility of relocation - local candidates only. Which wouldn't
    normally be a problem, but there must be a Boston in India as well.

    Ken Briscoe, Apr 8, 2004

  2. Yes, in fact I do. You don't get spammed with "Work at home" and "Earn
    $5000.00 the first week" jobs when your agents search for words like
    "Citrix" and "CCEA". If you don't believe me, go to Monster and Dice
    yourself and do searches on those words yourself. A year ago, there was
    barely anything.

    Politician Spock, Apr 8, 2004

  3. TechGeekPro

    TechGeekPro Guest

    Too bad this isn't microsoft.public.cert.exam.ccea.
    How the h*** is Citrix applicable to THIS newsgroup?
    Yeah, like I'd waste my time at Monster or Dice just to prove your
    irrelevant point.

    TechGeekPro, Apr 8, 2004
  4. TechGeekPro

    Jtyc Guest

    Like I said, no one believes it and I do not have the capability of making
    you.

    Jtyc, Apr 8, 2004
  5. TechGeekPro

    Jtyc Guest

    The "economists" aren't unemployed.

    Quite true. But the unemployment rate is quite low.

    Jtyc, Apr 8, 2004
  6. TechGeekPro

    Jtyc Guest

    the government

    I hate you.

    Jtyc, Apr 8, 2004

  7. I guess you haven't learned yet that Microsoft certifications alone will get
    you no where. You need to complement them with something else and find a
    niche in order to get somewhere. Citrix is a fantastic complement to
    Microsoft Certifications. You can think I am being arrogant, but what I give
    is good advice. Here are some of the jobs from Dice using keywords "CCEA"
    and "Citrix" (pay close attention to the rates). The Warner Bros job really
    intrigues me!

    Sr Technical Engineer (Citrix)

    COMPANY: Warner Bros. Entertainment
    SKILLS REQUIRED: Citrix
    LOCATION: Burbank, CA
    RATE: tbd
    AREA: 818
    LENGTH: full time
    TERM: FULLTIME
    SUMMARY: Warner Bros. seeks a Senior Technical Engineer for the
    MIS-Technical Support department. Position acts as the technical liaison
    between project management staff and Technical Support on assigned projects
    intended to deploy to production. Responsible for en

    Citrix Support Engineer

    COMPANY: Genesis10
    SKILLS REQUIRED: Citrix Support Engineer Active Directory CCEA MCSE SQL
    Windows 2000 Server
    LOCATION: Pasadena, CA
    RATE: $60.00 - $62.00 per hour
    AREA: 626
    LENGTH: 9+ months
    TERM: CON_W2 CON_IND
    SUMMARY: Genesis10 is an IT Consulting, professional services company. We
    are ranked number 9 in the Nation's top 100 Staffing Firms for 2002!! We
    believe in a staff augmentation business model and offer our clients the
    best business and technical resources availab

    Sr. Citrix Engineer

    COMPANY: Ballantyne Inc.
    SKILLS REQUIRED: Citrix XPE metaframe and FR3
    LOCATION: Newport Beach, CA
    RATE: $55/hr - $65/hr
    AREA: 949
    LENGTH: 5 months
    TERM: CON_W2 CON_CORP
    SUMMARY: My client is looking for a Sr. Citrix contractor to work on a
    server farm project. They will help out with various projects such as
    conversion, upgrades, etc...

    Person must have 3-5 years of Citrix experience (version XPE metaframe and
    FR3). Must ha

    Politician Spock, Apr 8, 2004
  8. TechGeekPro

    Neil Guest

    naaa, that was funny....

    Neil, Apr 8, 2004
  9. TechGeekPro

    Jtyc Guest

    Pretty definite statement, that. Care to cite? Were you around in the
    I'm not saying that they can't, or won't rise to that height. I'm saying
    they don't rise so fast that people can't react to it. That's why I like
    ARMs for a home loan right now. If rates start to climb, they won't climb
    so fast that you can't adjust to it.

    Jtyc, Apr 8, 2004
  10. I have to wonder about the jobs I see offered in my area. There are some
    that have been posted for two or three months. I wonder at the intentions
    of the companies as to actually filling those positions. No doubt they've
    gotten hundreds or even thousands of resumes, at with the quantity, and
    quality, or people out of work, I'm dubious that they can't find someone to
    fill the spots. It's important enough that they make the position
    available, but they're so selective that they can't find anyone worthy in
    two or three months of looking?

    Call it tinfoil-hat if you will, but I think (as I've said in this forum
    before) that they're nothing but placeholders for jobs to be outsourced,
    kept open to satisfy any potential state or federal labor department
    inquiry.

    Vigo Breadcrumbs, Apr 8, 2004
  11. TechGeekPro

    Dragon Guest

    If you replace a $50K job with the one for $5/h does not mean that economy
    is better. These are just numbers. In fact, economy is pretty bad right now.
    I can find more MCSE jobs in UK than in US. Have you looked at the exchange
    rate between UK Pounds vs $? What about Euro vs. $? If economy is doing so
    great then why do we have to pay more $ to buy the same thing we paid less
    for in the past? And these are more $s that our newly found $5/h job does
    not cover.

    Dragon, Apr 8, 2004
  12. TechGeekPro

    billyw Guest

    would that be 1-0
    or are you happier with 7-0

    billyw, Apr 8, 2004
  13. TechGeekPro

    Jtyc Guest

    Again, good economy does not necessarily equate to "good in the tech
    sector". The economy as a hole is doing well. IT, maybe not as well. I
    dunno, I haven't been looking recently.

    Jtyc, Apr 8, 2004
  14. TechGeekPro

    billyw Guest

    are you really the governators right hand man?
    so to speak

    billyw, Apr 8, 2004
  15. TechGeekPro

    JaR Guest

    Jtyc opined, On 4/8/04 12:19 PM:
    Exactly how will you 'react to it'? The rates go up 2 points, your home
    will be unsaleable, you won't be able to refinance, ecept for a higher
    rate. The only way an ARM makes _any_ sense is if you are in a market
    with interest rates that are likely, at some point, to go _down_! You
    are assuming that the rates will stay stable until you are ready to sell
    your property. If you sell before they go up, you did well. But go up
    they must, sooner or later. If you are stuck with a home after the rise,
    bon chance, mon ami. I guarantee you that rates can climb faster than
    you can bail out.

    JaR, Apr 8, 2004
  16. TechGeekPro

    Jtyc Guest

    naaa, that was funny....

    I agree. I was trying to be funny as well in my response but it didn't
    take.

    I apologize.

    Jtyc, Apr 8, 2004
  17. TechGeekPro

    Jtyc Guest

    Exactly how will you 'react to it'?

    Refinance.
    Over what period are you talking about?
    Why lock into a 30 year loan when rates are dropping?
    On what information do you base your guarantee?

    Jtyc, Apr 8, 2004
  18. TechGeekPro

    Jtyc Guest

    are you really the governators right hand man?
    No.

    Jtyc, Apr 8, 2004
  19. TechGeekPro

    Jtyc Guest

    would that be 1-0
    Let's call it a touchback. 2-0.

    Jtyc, Apr 8, 2004
  20. TechGeekPro

    JaR Guest

    Vigo Breadcrumbs opined, On 4/8/04 12:27 PM:
    To be brief;

    AOL

    JaR
    Succinct Thug