    got an error returned from the Ihug/Vodafone news server! So it was the
    fault of that news server, not KNode after all.

    Looks like a 1028-byte “References:†line is more than it can handle...

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 20, 2009

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    EMB Guest

    As per RFC2822 the maximum line length is 988 characters. Header
    strings can however be split across multiple lines to overcome this limit.

    See page 8 of http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-usefor-usefor-12.txt for
    details.

    Also see section 2.1.1 of RFC2822 for clarification - whilst this
    specifically applies to email NNTP is governed by the same basic rules.

    EMB, Nov 20, 2009

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    greg Guest

    you could always do the entire population of nz.comp a really big favor
    and stop posting altogether, as 99.9% of you posting's are complete dribble

    greg, Nov 20, 2009
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    ~misfit~ Guest

    I only see his posts when people such as yourself reply to him....

    ~misfit~, Nov 20, 2009
  5. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Squiggle Guest

    Crash, do yourself a favour:
    Open one of Lawrences messages then do the following:
    Alt-M (messages menu)
    A (Create filter From Message
    Enter (or click OK)

    No more Lawrence messages to bother you.. or the rest of us that
    killfiled him already.

    Squiggle, Nov 20, 2009
  6. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Sailor Sam Guest

    Greg seems to complain about all of Lawrence's posts, I doubt he will
    killfile Lawrence as that would end his reason for being.

    Sailor Sam, Nov 20, 2009
  7. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    greg Guest

    I know it's hard not to complain, but he now should be killfiled ;)

    greg, Nov 21, 2009
  8. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Squiggle Guest

    Indeed I did, please accept my apologies. Ante-meridiem hours don't work
    well for students like myself.. we evolve into nocturnal creatures.

    Squiggle, Nov 21, 2009