[News] Compass: Unlimited Full Speed Broadband

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Your Name, Dec 5, 2011.

  1. Your Name

    Your Name Guest

    I don't know if Compass are any good as an ISP or not, but this was in
    today's junk emails (via NZ Post) ...

    Live your life unlimited with Compass Mammoth
    Why pay extra for the things you love online? At Compass, we
    don't think you should, so we've come up with a better deal
    for all New Zealanders.

    Join Compass Mammoth today and you'll get Full Speed Broadband
    with Unlimited Data, a Home Phone Line, and no caps or excess
    data charges - all for just $99.95 a month. Incredible.

    No Need for a phone line? Naked Mammoth gives you Unlimited
    Broadband without a Home Phone Line for only $79.95 a month.

    With just 2000 of these plans available in 2011, you'll need
    to act fast. Click on the link and get a better deal all round
    with Compass Mammoth.

    <http://www.compass.net.nz/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=181>

    Your Name, Dec 5, 2011

  2. Over charge by some 100% in France they only pay some $40 and get 26
    TV channels also.

    I think that Slingshot does it for $60

    Do more research before you post Crap again..

    Frank Williams, Dec 5, 2011

  3. Slingshot will not give good service. They will be doing serious
    bandwidth limiting during normal hours. They advertise that they
    prioritise traffic. Their offer is for no cap, full speed, but not
    what that full speed might actually be. My last experience with them
    was so bad that I would never be sucked in by any offer from them
    again.

    Compass is also offering phone service in that $99.95 price. Without,
    it is $79.95. I have never used Compass, but they have a much better
    reputation than Slingshot. Even so, they are carefully not saying how
    slow it might get at times, and they are very up front that they may
    be prioritising traffic.

    Stephen Worthington, Dec 5, 2011
  4. Your Name

    Your Name Guest

    You're a moron. Where did I even remotely say that it was the cheapeest or
    best??? I didn't, I simply posted a news item other might be interested
    in.

    Go away and grow a braincell. :-\

    Your Name, Dec 5, 2011
  5. Your Name

    Your Name Guest

    I would never use Slingshot - I've never liked the greedy swines who own
    it. The one person I know / help who did recently change to them has had
    various problems right from signing up. After signing her up for a
    promotion, they then claimed she wasn't eligible, then it took three or
    four weeks to actually get the connection set-up and working properly
    (first the Internet worked, but the phone didn't, then vice-versa, then
    neither).

    No ISP will give an actual speed figure these days. They all say "full
    speed" or "as fast as your line allows". Some of them got burnt giving
    speeds figures that simply couldn't be achieve in some places due to
    Telecom's hopeless infrastructure, distance from the exchange, etc.

    Your Name, Dec 5, 2011

  6. Do we need a posting of bad news about a over priced IP, no I don't
    think so..

    Frank Williams, Dec 5, 2011
  7. Your Name

    Your Name Guest

    You're wasting your time. Roger is just another of the of the MANY 8 year
    old morons that infest the Internet who obeys the sticker on their modem
    that says: "Switch brain off before use". :-\

    Your Name, Dec 5, 2011