    do. Thank you for your help in advance.
    PLEASE HELP!
    chekwas

    Guest, May 24, 2006

  2. Hi,

    The 32 bit and 64 bit versions of windows xp can not be installed on
    the same partition. I mean one version should be on the c drive and the
    other on the d drive.

    Ken

    Ken Tucker [MVP], May 24, 2006

  3. Guest

    DP Guest

    I don't think he ever actually said he installed x64, unless the "Windows XP
    Pro version 2002" he refers to is the same as x64. Is it?
    I figured somebody would tell him he's in the wrong NG.

    DP, May 24, 2006
  4. the laptop he describes is 32-bit.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 24, 2006
  5. You installed two separate copies of XP in one single partition????????????

    Or you did a Repair Installation on the old XP?

    Cari \(MS-MVP\), May 24, 2006
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Cari, thank you so much. You were right I installed two(2) separate windows
    on one partition. That's how dummy I am with computers. I wanted to get rid
    of the old because they lost the Windows XP Pro when I bought it used. Then I
    bought the new Windows XP Pro to have one just in case I run into problems
    along the line. Please, could you help me? Advices me on what to do to get my
    laptop back online using the new Windows XP Pro.

    Guest, May 24, 2006
  7. You need to start from scratch. And you need to move this entire discussion
    over to the microsoft.public.windowsxp.general newsgroup, since it is not a
    64bit issue.

    Insert your nice, shiny, new XP CD into the laptop DVD drive, reboot, and
    install XP fresh. Delete the existing partition and recreate it while you're
    in the text mode setup portion, or choose to reformat the drive. You'll
    never get it working right without starting over now.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 24, 2006
  8. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thank you so much, Chalie. I was thrilled seeing the shinny CD to tell you
    the truth. I am very new with computers, softwares, and programs. I wil try
    that and move the discussion from this group to general. Though I don't even
    know how to delete old/partiton. I hope I will get help there. Thank you
    again.

    Guest, May 24, 2006