Newbie, unable to validate with genuine windows XP Pro?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Guest, Nov 5, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hello, ignoramus here! I have bought a nice computer, good H/D lots of
    memory etc. It also has Microsoft Widows XP Pro. Now I know it is a genuine
    CD because I have read all the warnings and it is (I am looking at it now)
    copper coloured, with the windows logo Holograph etc. It says windows version
    2002. part number 0601 X08-33951. I can scan a picture to show it if wanted.
    I also have a product key, bit hard to read.
    The thing is it says OEM producers XP professional and again I can scan this
    to show that it is genuine.

    I get the sucurity downloads okay because one of you guys helped me out (and
    also said I should not put the code on the message) my problem is how do I
    get normal downloads, I get microsoft download notification. every week? I go
    to download something and it asks for validation. I do everything it says and
    then up comes a box saying the code I have pasted in is invalid!
    So, As far as I can tell the CD is definately geniune. but I cannot
    validate. I think it may be because it is OEM? Any help would be gratefully
    appreciated. Thank you for reading this and forgive my ignorance! Mike Tagg

    Guest, Nov 5, 2005