    I have two boys in sports and would like to take digital pitcures of
    their best sports moments. Any suggestions? I have read some articles
    about the Minolta DiMAGE Z1.

    Brad O, Nov 20, 2003

  2. Brad O

    RacerX Guest

    I just upgraded from a point and shoot Toshiba 2.3Mp to a canon Digital
    Rebel and i think that it is spectacular. If i learned one thing dont go too
    cheap cause you truely get what you pay for. At least get a 5Mp camera and i
    think one with interchangeable lenses is great for outdoors and sports but
    that is just MHO. If you got the money look in the upper $1500 range if not
    the rebel sells for around $1000 with a lens, i got mine with 2 lenses and a
    256M card, case, and a flash for $1500 with 3 year warranty and it takes
    fabulous pictures on Auto and even better on manual with a little reading
    and work hahahahaa.

    Good Luck

    RacerX, Nov 20, 2003

  3. Brad O

    Andy Hewitt Guest

    I just bought a Z1, and for a fixed lens box it does have a good shutter
    release time. It can be slower in low light, but a half press on the
    release can overcome that.

    Andy Hewitt, Nov 21, 2003
  4. Brad O

    R2D2 Guest

    (Brad O) wrote in
    The build quality is poor on the Z1. Many owners have complained about the
    lens making a rattling sound. From the pro reviews, the optics were not
    rated as what they were expected to be. For links to all of the
    professional reviews of every camera made, see: http://www.DCviews.com

    R2D2, Nov 21, 2003
  5. Brad O

    AA Bob Guest

    If you want to photograph action, you need the fastest and most
    sophisticated autofocus. The answer is plain and simple.

    If you have barrels of money: Nikon D2H
    If you have buckets of money: Nikon D1-x
    If you have wads of money: Nikon D100
    If you have some money: Canon 300D

    Note: I've picked the 300D over the Canon 10D becuase I've used both, and
    found the 300D to be a bit more responsive on the focusing.

    AA Bob, Nov 21, 2003
  6. Brad O

    Samuel Paik Guest

    For the least amount of frustration, I suggest a digital SLR:

    Canon Digital Rebel
    Canon EOS 10D
    Canon EOS 1Ds
    Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro
    Nikon D100
    Nikon D2H
    Nikon D1X
    Olympus E-1
    Olympus E-20
    Pentax *ist D
    Sigma SD9

    Samuel Paik, Nov 21, 2003
  7. For Kids sports, you will probably be in the stands and will need a high
    optical Zoom unless you want to capture the entitre playing field. I
    would recommend the 4 MP Olympus C-750. or the less expensive 3 MP,
    C-740.
    They both have a very sharp 10X optical Zoom!!!
    At 10X you will have to steady the camera against a solid support,
    preferably a tripod...or at least a monopod.
    Bob Williams

    Robert E. Williams, Nov 21, 2003