    approximate price is appreciated. I assume I'll also have to get a Nikon
    cable to connect the D70 with the SB-800. Thanks in advance for any
    suggestions.

    Guest, Oct 23, 2005

  2. Guest

    Jim Guest

    I have a Stroboframe Quick Flip 350. I would not buy one again because it
    has no way to keep the frame from rotating around the fixing bolt. The
    Stroboframe Folding Flip might be better judging from the illustration in
    the B & H pages in Shutterbug. You should go to your camera store and try
    these and others to see which one you like. The first one costs about $45,
    and the second about $70. You will definitely need the Nikon cable. Nikon
    sells two models. One is just allows you to mount the flash on the bracket.
    The other also has the light which allows iTTL to work correctly. Your
    camera store can help you decide which one you need for your purposes.
    Jim

    Jim, Oct 24, 2005

  3. Guest

    Roy Guest

    Hi there.

    I use my SB600 on a bracket, very elderly and no specific make, on my D70.
    I have the them working in "wireless" mode, and the only thing that does not
    work is the Auto Zoom on the Flash, and that is no great loss when working
    indoors.

    If I was doing wedding work, I would certainly get a bracket which keeps the
    flash directly above the lens in both Portrait and Landscape orientation.
    But since I am doing reportage type things, that is not really a problem.

    Roy G

    Roy, Oct 24, 2005
  4. Guest

    Yung Mah Guest

  5. Guest

    Skip M Guest

    I use a Stroboframe Pro-T, which I like better than the Quickflip brackets
    from the same mfr. It orients the camera with the shutter button on the top
    in vertical (portrait) orientation, the Quickflip puts the shutter button on
    the bottom, where some prefer it, but with the weight of the flash on top, I
    feel it leads to instability, and if you are using a grip, the controls are
    rendered useless in that mode. The one thing I don't like about it is that
    it can block access to the battery on my wife's 20D and my 5D without grips,
    but I don't know where the battery door is on the D70...

    Skip M, Oct 24, 2005
  6. I think all the Nikon cables will allow iTTL. The light on the newer cable
    is for the AF assist mechanism.

    Ronnie

    Ronnie Sellar, Oct 24, 2005