Newbie route redistribution eigrp into bgp question

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Sean.Evershed, Aug 21, 2005.

  1. I am attempting to redistribute EIGRP into BGP. I have 3 routers

    Router A
    router bgp 11
    no synchronization
    neighbor 150.10.10.2 remote-as 10
    neighbor 160.20.20.2 remote-as 10

    Router B
    interface Ethernet0
    ip address 192.168.1.2 255.255.255.0
    router eigrp 10
    network 192.168.1.0
    router bgp 10
    no synchronization
    network 10.0.0.0
    network 192.168.1.0
    neighbor 160.20.20.1 remote-as 11

    Router C
    interface Ethernet0
    ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0
    router eigrp 10
    network 192.168.1.0
    router bgp 10
    no synchronization
    redistribute eigrp 10
    neighbor 150.10.10.1 remote-as 11
    Router C. Any ideas? See below results of sh ip bgp from Router A
    Network Next Hop Metric LocPrf Weight Path
    * 192.168.1.0 150.10.10.2 0 0 10 ?
    *> 160.20.20.2 0 0 10 i

    Sean.Evershed, Aug 21, 2005

  2. Sean.Evershed

    Ahmed

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    please post topology pic

    Hi, can u please send topology pic so that i could know how your routers are connected to eachother.

    Ahmed

    Ahmed, Sep 16, 2008

  3. Sean.Evershed

    theapplebee

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2009
    Messages:
    66
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    USA
    On router C, you need to configure network 192.168.1.0 under BGP configuration. That's it.

    theapplebee, Jun 20, 2009
  4. Sean.Evershed

    zupa

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2009
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Latvia
    Yes, the topology would be a great help. I think that next-hop-self would be a helpful command.

    zupa, Jun 25, 2009