    expand available clients, as when my kids are home from college I have 3d
    esktops and three laptops that I need to connect.
    Thanks,

    Mike S, Sep 16, 2004

  2. Mike S

    Jack Guest

    Hi.
    Yes you can connect an Access Point(AP) to one of the Router's Port and have
    a Wireless connection.
    Depending on the envioroment 802.11b AP might provide for 2-4 computers.
    802.11g AP might provide to 10 (and may be more) computers
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Sep 16, 2004

  3. Mike S

    Jeff Durham Guest

    If you want to go wired, just plug an 8 port hub into the router. For
    wireless, just plug-in a wireless access point. Either way will work and
    you can have both. You will probably configure your router as a DHCP server
    to hand out IP addresses. Some routers may only hand out up to 32
    addresses. That does not sound like a problem in your case.

    Jeff

    Jeff Durham, Sep 16, 2004