Newbie question, routing between two 3620's

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Jim Richardson, Mar 1, 2006.

  1. We have two 3620s, each with 2 WIC (2 slots, and 2 10BASET jacks) each
    WIC has a pair of single T1 cards. So we have 4 T1 WAN connections, and
    4 10BaseT connections.

    We have a pair of T1 lines between the office, and the NOC, which we
    want to stretch our office lan across, so that everyone in the office
    can have internet access, and the dev machines in the office can also
    directly access the backend machines in the noc, but the office machines
    can only access internet.

    I currently have the dev machines on 192.168.100.x and the office
    machines on .200.x, works well for the internet access, NATing across
    the serial link. With one LAN port at the noc connected to a public
    routable IP, which is serving as the NAT pipe for net connectivity. But
    how can I selectively route the .100.x traffic to the 192.168.10.x
    machines in the backbone (the other LAN port on that WIC), whilst NATing
    them out to the net across the other LAN connection for internet access?

    Thanks for any help.

    After this, is figuring out how to bind the two T1 links together for
    bandwidth...

    Jim Richardson, Mar 1, 2006

  2. You should only do NAT on the port connected to the public IP, you
    shouldn't need to do NAT between any of your internal networks. NAT
    only takes place when a packet is going between an interface marked "ip
    nat inside" and an interface marked "ip nat outside". When it goes
    inside-to-inside, no NAT is performed.

    Barry Margolin, Mar 2, 2006

  3. Jim Richardson

    mbroberson

    Joined:
    May 13, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    routing between 2 T1's

    Try this command syntax. Just use the appropriate interface and ip address and gateway to substitue for the x's.

    Interface serial X/X
    service-module t1 clock source internal
    service-module t1 timeslots 1-24 speed 64
    service-module t1 framing esf
    service-module t1 linecode b8zs
    ip address x.x.x.x x.x.x.x
    encapsulation ppp