Newbie question - PPP Configuration on Cisco routers

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Pink_Floyd, Jun 1, 2006.

  1. Pink_Floyd

    Pink_Floyd Guest

    Hi Folks,

    I have been trying to understand PPP configs on routers and have a
    couple of questions.

    I would be thoroughly grateful if you could please help me clariy them.

    Lets say I have a modem thats connected to a router. The connection
    could be done by a DB-25 cable at the modem end. Would the other part
    of the cable be connected to a serial port? If so, how would I know the
    line that would be assigned to the modem. I will be configuing PPP on
    the async interface associated with the line that connects to the
    modem. I know the steps to configure the async interface but need to
    know the line to modem mapping.

    Regards,

    - Pink_Floyd

    Pink_Floyd, Jun 1, 2006