    appreciated. Hell, even the Sony 34" HD CRT was being considered before
    seeing the Bravia. Good ol' CRT looks great but what a behemoth. Thanks
    in advance........

    br2001, Feb 23, 2006

  2. I think there are many factors that depend on your particular
    circumstances.... data that you haven't given, like rooms size, viewer
    position(s), space available for the unit, lighting conditions, etc.
    Each type has pros and cons for lots of different requirements.
    Determine yours and then compare how each type fits those
    requirements.

    In "general", LCDs seem to have an advantage in the smaller screen
    sizes, Plasma in the larger, and DLP in price. But there are so many
    other factors to consider....
    Charlie Hoffpauir

    Charlie Hoffpauir, Feb 23, 2006

  3. br2001

    xeaglecrest Guest

    One advantage DLP has over any other format: each time you replace the
    lamp, the picture returns to the original quality as the day you bought
    it. With LCD or Plasma, from the day you first turn it on the picture
    is slowly degrading until you finally replace it with a new TV.

    xeaglecrest, Feb 24, 2006
  4. br2001

    k Guest

    Have you looked at JVC HD ILA sets?

    k, Feb 24, 2006
  5. br2001

    Jordan Guest

    Plasma and LCD, to me, lack in picture quality. Jaggies are too
    apparent. DLP looks beautiful and there are no burn in issues. JVC has
    a nice setup with their HD iLA sets as well... but Plasma and LCD? I
    just don't think they were meant for anything bigger than monitors.

    - Jordan

    Jordan, Feb 25, 2006