    recommendations?

    Cheers,
    Chris

    Chris K, May 11, 2005

  2. Chris K

    Mike S. Guest

    The only ones I'm aware of are some of the Lite-On "All Write" models,
    like the LDW-5005. However its useability as an audio recorder is very
    limited; you'd do a lot better with audio capture into your PC's sound
    card, or a standalone audio CD recorder.

    Mike S., May 11, 2005

  3. Chris K

    Chris K Guest

    (Mike S.) wrote in
    Thanks for the info Mike.

    Unfortunately, my PC is in the basement while my stereo is upstairs, so it
    is a bit awkward to try to record to my PC - that and I always got a wicked
    hum when I used to try it in the past, so I stopped. :)

    When you say the audio recording ability is limited - do you mean track
    recognition, etc? Is the sound reproduction OK?

    Cheers,
    Chris

    Chris K, May 11, 2005
  4. Chris K

    Mike S. Guest

    Audio CD recording lacks the features that, on standalone audio CD
    recorders, make it useful: digital audio (S/PDIF) input, automatic track
    marker insertion (from either digital or analog sources) and, decent audio
    fidelity from the analog inputs.

    Mike S., May 11, 2005