Newbie. Problem with wifi card on laptop

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Alan Ford, May 26, 2006.

  1. Alan Ford

    Alan Ford Guest

    Hi everybody.
    Hope this is the right place for my question.
    I have an Acer Aspire 3003lm laptop, advertised as wifi-ready, but
    without wlan card.
    I bought one (a broadcom BCM94318), downloaded the drivers from Acer
    site, and apparently the setup went on smoothly.
    The I inserted the card into the mini-pci slot, and followed the steps
    suggested by the new hardware wizard.
    When I am prompted to provide the drivers, however, the procedure
    fails:
    "the INF file is not of the right kind".

    Any idea about what I am doing wrong ?

    Many thanks in advance for your help

    Fabio

    Ah! Forgot: operating system = Win XP Home SP2

    Alan Ford, May 26, 2006

  2. Alan Ford

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    The Card that you bought probably came with its own drivers, try them first.
    If it does not work call the Card's Tech Support to make sure that it works
    with your Device.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, May 26, 2006

  3. Alan Ford

    Alan Ford Guest

    Thanks.
    Unfortunately, I bought just the card, so I have not its drivers.

    F.

    Alan Ford, May 29, 2006
  4. Alan Ford

    Newport Guest

    You can look for the drivers in Internet

    Newport, May 29, 2006