[newbie]Pix 515 - How to recognize Pix version : failover or restricted or UR

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by officemicro1999, Sep 11, 2005.

  1. Hi,
    I have a Pix 515 and I want to know the status of my pix

    This is the sh ver :
    Hardware: PIX-515, 32 MB RAM, CPU Pentium 200 MHz
    Flash i28F640J5 @ 0x300, 16MB
    BIOS Flash AT29C257 @ 0xfffd8000, 32KB

    0: ethernet0: address is 0005.3290.19ba, irq 11
    1: ethernet1: address is 0005.3290.19bb, irq 10

    Licensed Features:
    Failover: Disabled
    VPN-DES: Enabled
    VPN-3DES: Disabled
    Maximum Interfaces: 3
    Cut-through Proxy: Enabled
    Guards: Enabled
    Websense: Enabled
    Throughput: Unlimited
    ISAKMP peers: Unlimited

    Serial Number:XXXX

    officemicro1999, Sep 11, 2005

  2. :I have a Pix 515 and I want to know the status of my pix

    :Licensed Features:
    :Failover: Disabled

    Unrestricted and Failover always have Enabled for Failover. Therefore
    you have Restricted.

    :VPN-DES: Enabled
    :VPN-3DES: Disabled

    You haven't registered for the free 3DES key either. I do not recall
    whether that is available for France.

    :Maximum Interfaces: 3

    3 Interfaces confirms that it is Restricted.

    Restricted does not support Failover, so you cannot have Failover.

    Walter Roberson, Sep 11, 2005