    channels to check them and now I can't get back to SKY. I can't see an AV
    button on the remote.

    Can anyone help me with these problems? Thanks!

    Derek, Dec 2, 2004

  2. Hi Derek,

    I own the RDR-GX7, brother of the G3. I live in the Netherlands too,
    so I downloaded the english manual from the Sony international site.

    Problem with these 2 recorders: they cannot write onto a +RW disc that
    was used in a PC first. You HAVE to format a new +RW disc in the
    recorder first. Thereafter you can use it in a PC, but for use in the
    Sony, you must format it again.

    4x discs are no problem, but they must be capable of 1x speed as well.

    Your scart input is on L2. (just cycle through your inputs on the remote)

    Have fun.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fran=E7ois_du_Plessis?=, Dec 2, 2004

  3. Derek

    Graham Guest

    In message <>
    No. Totally false. I use 4x +RW all the time.
    Can't remember, its been so long since I used a brand new disc.
    Try it.

    Cheers!

    Graham, Dec 2, 2004
  4. Derek

    Derek Guest

    Thanks for hint on the manual. I have found that. It says the recorder
    should automatically format an unused disk as soon as it is inserted. All I
    get is disk error! I have tried 2 brand new disks with the same result. I
    still can't find my satellite picture either. I retuned the recorder but as
    soon as I move channels, it is gone and I can't find it again.

    Derek, Dec 2, 2004
  5. Derek

    Graham Guest

    In message <>
    When this message disappears, press the 'Tool' button and select 'Disc
    info'.
    You should now have an option to format the disc (I assume these are RW
    discs)
    Cheers!

    Graham, Dec 3, 2004
  6. Derek

    Derek Guest

    Thanks all! I now have it working great. Nice machine too!

    Derek, Dec 3, 2004