Newbie looking for digital camera/binocular recommendation

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by elfa, Dec 10, 2006.

  1. elfa

    elfa Guest

    I'm looking for a good pair of binoculars that have a built-in digital camera.
    They exist all over the place but deciding which is best for the money is a real
    challenge.

    I need some help.....so:

    $200 - $300 range

    Need to focus as close as 10 feet (for photographing birds close up)

    Would love to just look thru the binoculars and just push a switch to take a
    picture rather than having to relook thru the camera display to take the
    picture.

    Any recommendations?

    Thanks

    Elfa

    elfa, Dec 10, 2006

  2. elfa

    JohnR66 Guest

    Your best bet is to used a separate pair of binoculars and get a digital
    camera with a long zoom. The binos with built in camera are junk.
    John

    JohnR66, Dec 10, 2006

  3. The problem is every such combination I have ever seen (or that there is
    a market for) has a poor quality camera function and a really poor quality
    binocular function.

    Joseph Meehan, Dec 10, 2006
  4. elfa

    Steve m... Guest

    Bushnell Instant Replay with the 3.2 megapixel camera. Uses the roofprism
    design and the camera is built into the binos instead of a separate add-on.
    Check eBay. They have them for $350.

    Steve

    Steve m..., Dec 23, 2006