    I cant seem to get mine working. Alternatively, does anyone know of any
    good programs that set it up automatically?

    Thanks.

    P White, Jun 18, 2004

  2. P White

    Rifleman Guest

    What OS are you running?

    Rifleman, Jun 18, 2004

  3. P White

    P White Guest

    The one directly connected to the internet is running Windows 98SE, the one
    I want to share the connection is running XP.

    P White, Jun 18, 2004
  4. P White

    Rifleman Guest

    if you change them round, it's dead easy!

    Rifleman, Jun 18, 2004
  5. P White

    P White Guest

    So I've been told...but there's cabling and room issues..! Am I making too
    much trouble for myself?

    P White, Jun 18, 2004
  6. P White

    Rifleman Guest

    I'm not sure that W98 supports Internet Connection sharing natively.....so
    much has changed since that OS came out. You might be better off asking
    about this in a W98 support group.

    Rifleman, Jun 18, 2004
  7. P White

    geep Guest

    Hi,
    I'm using Win98 (First Edition) and am sharing an internet connection using
    CCProxy.
    It's a small, free download from
    http://www.youngzsoft.net/ccproxy/index.html
    It is Win98/WinMe/WinNT/Win2000/WinXP compatible.
    Used it for 8 months without any problems.
    PC1 has Speedtouch 330 ADSL Modem.
    PC2 is connected to PC1 via Ethernet crossover cable.
    PC2 connects to Internet via proxy server on PC1 just fine.
    Here's my configuration: http://tinyurl.com/3frga

    geep, Jun 19, 2004
  8. P White

    P White Guest

    Nah, my computers are having none of it. I need step by step I think - know
    any good sites?
    I've can see files on each pc over the network...apart from that I don't
    know what I'm doin...!

    P White, Jun 23, 2004
  9. P White

    mike Guest

    try www.practicallynetworked.com
    or
    www.chetnet.co.uk

    or do a search for ics on win98 in google

    loads of sites

    it would be better though if you upgraded to SE or even ME
    discs are cheap. ME would be best & does ICS no problem
    mike

    mike, Jul 7, 2004
  10. P White

    Lurch Guest

    Although 98SE is much better than ME stability wise if there is a
    choice.

    Lurch, Jul 7, 2004