    What cable(s) is needed to connect the RJ connection on the T1 DSU WIC
    on the cisco router to the v.35 connection on the Adtran module
    mentioned above?

    jamal, Jul 23, 2003

  2. You can't go that way. On one side you have a serial port and on the
    other you are expecting a T1. You need some box inbetween or you need
    to match up the serial port on your Cisco..

    Ie. to match up exactly with what you've got you'd want to connect the
    WIC-1DSU-T1 up to a T1/PRI port on your Atlas not the Nx56/64 card...

    But if you wanted to use the V.35 output on the Nx56/64 you could go
    two ways. You could get an external T1 CSU/DSU that had V.35 in and
    then go V.35 out from your Atlas over to the CSU/DSU then over T1 from
    that into your WIC-1DSU-T1 card.

    Or you could get a new card for your Cisco. The WIC-1T or WIC-2T card
    is a V.35 port but in the standard Cisco cable formats. You'd just
    need a CAB-V35-MT to go from the WIC-1T over to the V.35 connector for
    the Nx56/64k card on your Atlas. I can't remember the part # of the
    cable to go from the WIC-2T card over to V.35 but Cisco's site would
    have it. Or if you wanted to just test 1x56/64 or 2x56/64 channels the
    WIC-2A/S is a low-speed synch serial port that takes up to
    128kbps.. Same cable as used on the WIC-2T.

    Doug McIntyre, Jul 23, 2003

  3. jamal

    jamal Guest

    THANKS FOR THE REPLY.

    I had a feeling that the conversion couldn't be done with a simple
    cable. With that in mind, how do telco vendors provision circuits for
    customer that have the cisco WICs with the internal CSU's? Is the
    demarc terminated as a RJ48 jack? Is there some device b/w the demarc
    and the internal CSU connection that I am not aware of?

    Second, how can I practice configuring the internal CSU WICS using my
    Atlas 550 when the frame relay capable modules seem to only have v.355
    terminations?

    Am I overlooking something?

    jamal, Jul 23, 2003