New Zealand Foo Camp (Baa Camp)

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Mauricio Freitas, Feb 4, 2007.

  1. If anyone is interested in the Foo Camp - New Zealand, which happened this
    weekend in Warkworth, here are some of my posts, Juha's posts and Flickr
    sets:

    http://www.geekzone.co.nz/juha/2138
    http://www.geekzone.co.nz/juha/2142
    http://www.geekzone.co.nz/juha/2144

    http://www.geekzone.co.nz/freitasm/2139
    http://www.geekzone.co.nz/freitasm/2146 (link to Flickr sets)

    Flickr sets are tagged "Baa Camp" and "Kiwi Foo".

    Discussions ranged from governement (David Cunliffe opened the Foo Camp
    Friday evening) and telecommunications, through OSS including OLPC (Chris
    DiBonna showed off one of these), Mozilla 3.0 (Asa Dotzler talked about the
    "disconnected applications" coming with this new version), large website
    administrations (Six Apart's Operations Architect was there) and more. New
    Zealand was represented by a bunch of techies and startups.

    I haven't posted Day 2 and Day 3 because, er, the stupid driver for my
    wireless card died on me, Vodafone service was absolutely horrible (only
    GPRS avaialble) and Telecom NZ did not implement Bluetooth DUN on the Treo
    700wx so I didn't have Internet access at all for two days... So Plans A, B,
    C all failed...

    Mauricio Freitas, Feb 4, 2007

  2. And this is an update on Day 2 and Day 3:
    http://www.geekzone.co.nz/freitasm/2148

    That's all for now. Technorati tags for other bloggers are "Foo Cam","Kiwi
    Foo" and "Baa Camp"

    Mauricio Freitas, Feb 4, 2007