New Xtra Jetstream Plans *yawn*

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Carl Elphick, Sep 19, 2003.

  1. Carl Elphick

    Carl Elphick Guest

    Carl Elphick, Sep 19, 2003

  2. Carl Elphick

    Callum Guest

    Callum, Sep 19, 2003

  3. Change ISPs then. IHUG offers 10GB and I think it's Orcon that offers
    15GB.

    I was using Xtra but have switched to IHUG because of this.

    Bruce Simpson, Sep 20, 2003
  4. Carl Elphick

    Callum Guest

    Yeah i did join orcon for like a month since i was online gamer i was
    getting terrible pings i dunno what its like now so i went back to
    xtra. i gotta sacrifice something

    Callum, Sep 20, 2003
  5. Carl Elphick

    Jay Guest

    At broadband speeds? Or the dribble that 128k gives you?

    Jay, Sep 20, 2003
  6. Carl Elphick

    v3 Guest

    v3, Sep 20, 2003
  7. Carl Elphick

    Gordon Guest

    Red herring. We are talking 128K in this thread.

    Gordon, Sep 20, 2003
  8. Carl Elphick

    Callum Guest

    Dont think i think at full jetstream.
    I'll go 256k ill just use p2p new zealand and download mp3s and videos
    since nz traffic is free and nz p2p doesnt let internationals on

    Callum, Sep 20, 2003
  9. Carl Elphick

    Lennier Guest

    How does 128k equal "jetstream" speed?

    Lennier

    Lennier, Sep 20, 2003
  10. Carl Elphick

    Lennier Guest

    Jetstart/stream are words of propaganda.

    ADSL, along with DSL are technical acronyms for two different types of
    broadband service - one being high-speed both ways and the other being
    high-speed one way only (the other being 56k modem speed).

    Lennier

    Lennier, Sep 20, 2003
  11. Carl Elphick

    Lennier Guest

    I was of the impression that the uplink was 56k.

    If it is faster than that here in NZ, I would expect and welcome
    correction.

    Of course I got the most important fact of symmetry vs Asymmetry correct -
    a point that you did not acknowledge.

    Lennier

    Lennier, Sep 20, 2003
  12. Carl Elphick

    T.N.O. Guest

    For full speed ADSL here in NZ, the uplink is 512kb
    For the junior(rate limited) ADSL, the uplink is either 128k for the 128k
    down, and 256k up for the 256k down...

    T.N.O., Sep 20, 2003
  13. Carl Elphick

    Jay Guest

    It probably is in NZ. With a usable broadband costing $888 per month
    I wouldn't expect anything else.
    You have already been corrected! But you can keep waiting for
    your expectations to be satiated for all I care.
    I did acknowledge it - by not refuting it.
    I forgot, however, to congratulate you for pointing out the
    bleeding obvious.

    Jay, Sep 21, 2003
  14. Carl Elphick

    Mainlander Guest

    Are those legal MP3s or pirated?

    Mainlander, Sep 21, 2003
  15. Carl Elphick

    Lennier Guest

    Cool - thanks for the info.

    Lennier

    Lennier, Sep 21, 2003
  16. Carl Elphick

    Paul Welsh Guest

    I have seen full speed jetstream with 896k up and 7.6 megs down
    My link speed
    DSL status: OK (upstream 800, downstream 6560 kbit/s)
    PPP status: OK (VCC1)
    Ethernet status: OK (10Base-T)
    Uptime: 67 days, 12h 54m 48s

    Not that it does you much good as one tech said in the adsl mailing
    list
    Telecom's adsl is like a ferrari with a lawn mower fuel tank Goes
    realy fast but you can only go round the block

    The data caps are just a bad taste joke What telecom should be doing
    is uping the limit to say 5gig for the same price as the 500meg plan
    Thats how they will get more customers
    "Overclockers do it hotter and faster"

    Paul Welsh, Sep 21, 2003
  17. Carl Elphick