New Wireless Network - Cannot share folders or printer - why?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by gmskelton, Mar 12, 2007.

  1. gmskelton

    gmskelton Guest

    1st PC - Windows Vista
    2nd PC - Windows XP
    Network stuff - Belkin wireless-g router connected to the XP PC,
    Belkin network card in Vista PC

    Issue:

    Just installed everything I thought I needed for a wireless home
    network and it connected to the internet fine (I can surf on both
    computers).

    However, what I really wanted t do was to:

    1) Share files/folders etc
    2) Share a printer (currently got a Canon Multi-function laser
    printer
    connected to the XP PC as a normal non-network printer)

    I cannot for the life of me get these two items above to happen. Any
    ideas greatly appreciated.

    Glenn

    gmskelton, Mar 12, 2007