  1. mac

    mac Guest

    Hello everyone, I`m new to Cisco router and networking . So , I want guidance on how to start my career in field of networking.I would be very grateful if you would mention about websites.

    mac, Aug 23, 2012

  2. Cisco has excellent documentation.
    Finding out how to navigate their website (and other vendors, such as
    Juniper) to get to their documentation, and reading copious amounts of
    will help you out no-matter-what. A lot of is boiler-plate. But read
    the installation guides, read the getting started with configuration guides.

    Doug McIntyre, Aug 23, 2012

  3. mac

    mac Guest

    Thanks Doug for replying back. But one my friends gave me collections of feww ebooks on CCNA and others. Should I need to read to them also.

    mac, Aug 24, 2012

  4. I find the quality of the cisco documentation to be much better than
    most CCNA books, while teaching much the same info.
    So each to their own.

    Knowing *how* to navigate the cisco documentation is going to be an
    essential skill too.

    Doug McIntyre, Aug 24, 2012
  5. mac

    tpheuk