    make it work properly?

    Thanks

    Geoff

    Geoff, Jun 8, 2005

  2. Geoff

    Old Gringo Guest

    Horizontal delay bar, Make sure all connections are seated properly,
    inside and outside the computer.

    Old Gringo, Jun 8, 2005

  3. Geoff

    John Holmes Guest

    Take it back to the supplier, and demand a another new one. Now, test the
    screen on his computer BEFORE you take it home. If it flickers again, ask
    your money back. If your supplier refuses, break his face with the
    monitor.

    John Holmes, Jun 8, 2005
  4. Geoff

    JANA Guest

    Take it back to the supplier. This is either a bad design, or they have a
    run of defective ones.

    If I may suggest, you should look at some of the higher end brands. You will
    get better performance for only a few dollars more. The Viewsonic, Sony,
    NEC, Samsung, BenQ, Philips, and some of the Acer monitors in the LCD work
    very well, and have excellent pictures. My favourites are the Viewsonic,
    Sony, and the BenQ.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    Hi, hoping to get some advice from the group here. I bought
    a new 19" TFT called WesEri from my local supplier and there
    were constant light background horizontal lines flickering
    slowly downwards on the screen. No matter which frequency I
    used they were still there and I took it back to the
    supplier and showed him on his computer, to demonstrate it
    was not my video card. He took it back and gave me another
    this afternoon which was brand new, and lo and behold,
    exactly the same problem! I have a Club Radeon 9800 to drive
    it and it works fine on CRT's. This is my first TFT and my
    question is, are these things just plug'nplay like the old
    ones? Have I missed out something dramatically simple to
    make it work properly?

    Thanks

    Geoff

    JANA, Jun 8, 2005
  5. Geoff

    Geoff Guest

    Thanks

    Where do I find the Horizontal delay bar?

    Geoff

    Geoff, Jun 8, 2005
  6. Geoff

    Old Gringo Guest

    Horizontal delay bar is your problem.

    Old Gringo, Jun 8, 2005
  7. Might not be the problem, but certain, lower-end monitors may do some major
    flickering or have severe image distortion if the resolution of the screen
    is higher or lower than the native resolution of your LCD.

    Look on the packaging of the monitor and find out it's native reolution,
    configure windows to display that resoultion, and try the LCD again.

    in most LCDs the image will just be fuzzy (resolution too low) or it may
    have lines going across or down it (resolution too high).

    Native resolutions for most basic LCD Monitors is 1024 x 768. Those numbers
    will grow the higher end monitor you buy.

    Lawrence A. Wong, Jun 9, 2005