    something went wrong, it could take weeks to sort it out.

    I just wish there was an easy way to validate the bank account numbers of
    those I wish to pay.

    John Little, May 24, 2013

  2. No it was A DEMO on the new WiFi cards

    Frank Williams, May 24, 2013

  3. They have 2 here in Kapiti and they are on the side of the wall no
    quene at all.

    Frank Williams, May 24, 2013
  4. geopelia

    Fred Guest

    Maybe not, but it's so easy to give them your account number and then
    they just pay into your account. You do not need to set up internet
    banking to accept payments to your account. Makes things much easier,
    and cheaper for the payer.

    Fred, May 24, 2013
  5. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    Our post shop does car registrations etc as well as bills. There is usually
    a queue.

    geopelia, May 24, 2013
  6. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    They would have to write to me for my account number, so it's just as easy
    to send the cheque.

    geopelia, May 24, 2013
  7. geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    Naa, why waste time and expensive snail mail - just tell 'em you're on
    Usenet :)

    Dave Doe, May 24, 2013
  8. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    Good idea, if they are too. But they might not have computers yet.

    geopelia, May 24, 2013
  9. geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    Well perhaps you could phone them. Then again I guess they don't have
    one of those either.

    I have to add: I haven't used my personal or biz cheque book for
    probably some five years now. Indeed, it annoys me if I get paid by
    cheque. I have to go the bloody bank! Or... perhaps I could snail mail
    it in - but then I'd need to buy a stamp, so I guess I'd have to go to
    the shop or post office. Then there's the two business days for it to
    clear (better than the five of old admittedly - no doubt thanks to
    computer cheque readers and computer processing).

    Paperless transactions done on the PC are secure, convenient, easy, fast
    and cheap. I've changed my statement ordering (online of course!) so I
    don't get printed statements anymore. If I want to I can print them out
    direct from the bank page, but I don't bother with that. What a waste
    of paper and ink and expense and time. I just export the transactions
    and have 'em all on the PC (as spreadsheets). I can search transactions
    in seconds, re-order the 'statements', add more details, create my own
    fields, etc. My downloaded/exported 'statements' are backed up
    automatically with no intervention required by me to the 'cloud', onsite
    removable drive, and offsite (simply swapping the drive out - takes
    twenty seconds).

    Dave Doe, May 25, 2013
  10. geopelia

    Richard Guest

    Well I know that even with their stupid new online account system you
    still cant pay them online, and they charge a fee to call their contact
    center to pay them over the phone. So I have to print my bill out, since
    the post shops scanners cant deal with a phone screen, and go to the
    post shop to pay them if I want to use my card to get the rewards points
    on it.

    Richard, May 25, 2013
  11. geopelia

    Richard Guest

    Is the square of paper you get the mini statement from the ATM? I was
    appauled at how useless those were when I last got one. Online has all
    the info about when and where you spend eftpos (date only, no time
    unfortunatly) and who is direct debiting you if you allow them to do that.

    I had to get a mini statement and get it stamped by the bank as being
    real to satisfy work and incomes bizzare requirements for proof of bank
    account, since apparantly me printing it from my internet banking was
    not good enough.

    Richard, May 25, 2013
  12. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    No, it's not the ATM docket. It comes from a machine the Teller has, and
    there is a savings book with transparent pockets to keep it in.
    Handy to keep track of the balance, but with very little information.
    Hubby had an ATM account, but I will be taking it all out for a term
    deposit.

    I get a statement once a year of what interest was earned, for the income
    tax people.

    geopelia, May 25, 2013
  13. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    If they have those.

    geopelia, May 25, 2013
  14. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    I got the phone bill today, stamped COPY. I've sent them a cheque.
    Let's see what they do. It still says how to pay by cheque on it.

    I don't think there are any reward points on mine.

    Genesis has Brownie points, but each month they take off as many as they put
    on, so the total doesn't go up.

    geopelia, May 25, 2013
  15. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    Why not? I wrote cheques for many years before we got either a phone or a
    computer, and none ever bounced.

    geopelia, May 26, 2013
  16. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    Yes, they stopped sending a Freepost envelope a while ago. But good old
    Genesis still sends one.

    geopelia, May 26, 2013
  17. [/QUOTE]
    Sources Geo. :) I wouldn't trust TV further than I could spit one for right
    information. Far too much fear being sold these days. :)

    Bruce Sinclair, May 27, 2013
  18. ...so you want 3 day mail delivery and unemployed posties ? :) :)
    Not me. :)

    Bruce Sinclair, May 27, 2013
  19. Remember to write down the freepost number on the freepost envelope while
    you can. If they ever stop sending them, write "freepost" and that number on
    the enveope. :)

    Bruce Sinclair, May 27, 2013
  20. geopelia

    Pooh Guest

    Do you save your Freepost envelopes if you don't use them Geo? If so use one
    and just change the address to send your cheque ;)

    Pooh

    Pooh, May 27, 2013